Chipotle Ranch Dressing is a creamy, smoky, homemade ranch dressing with a touch of heat. It’s perfect on salads or as a dipping sauce for your favorite foods.
Chipotle ranch dressing is exactly as it sounds. Ranch dressing with smoky chipotle flavor and just enough heat.
This chipotle ranch dressing is a play off of our spicy ranch dressing from our sister site. We played around with the ingredients a bit, amped up the chipotle powder, and it turned out perfectly.
How to make chipotle ranch dressing:
- Start by prepping all the ingredients and measuring out the spices. Then, grab a medium bowl and whisk.
- Add the mayonnaise, spices, buttermilk, and while milk to the bowl. Whisk to combine, and ensure all the spices are well mixed.
- The dressing will appear thin and a little watery, but it will thicken as it has time to set. The flavor will also intensify over time, because the spices will be able to meld together.
- Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It stays good for about 7 days when stored properly.
How do you make chipotle ranch dressing less spicy?
Can you use Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise?
Can you substitute a milk or a milk alternative in this recipe?
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise, (We like Duke's Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Dill
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Store the dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. The dressing is good for about 7 days and will thicken as it sets.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 ounce of dressing. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.