This lemon basil vinaigrette is a light, crisp salad dressing that combines the flavors of lemon, basil, and white wine vinegar.
So, yesterday I shared our lemon couscous salad recipe; however, I didn't share the vinaigrette we used on the dish. Today, I'm correcting that little issue. I present to you, our lemon basil vinaigrette. It's a tangy, flavor-filled salad dressing that works on just about any salad. The lemon add a fresh burst of citrus flavor to every bite.
Also, keep in mind that is can be used on greens, pasta salads, and as a marinade for chicken and pork. Oh, if you're looking for a creamier salad dressing, then take a look at our ranch dressing no mayo recipe.
How to make our lemon basil vinaigrette?
First, zest a fresh lemon. After that, add the zest, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper to the bowl.
Next, once you have the ingredients prepped, go ahead and pour in the white wine vinegar.
Then, pour in the olive oil. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients into a smooth vinaigrette.
Last, transfer the lemon basil vinaigrette into a salad cruet or dressing bottle.
If you don't have either of those containers, then store it anything with a lid. Personally, I recommend a mason jar.
You can both mix a store the dressing in a mason jar, making it really versatile.
The salad dressing will hold at room temperature for up to 5-days. That's it, the recipe is done!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ⅔ cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup(s) white wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, or jar with a lid, mix all the ingredients until they’re well incorporated.⅔ cup(s) extra virgin olive oil⅓ cup(s) white wine vinegar2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest2 teaspoon(s) basil1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt¼ teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Use immediately on a salad or store for up to 5 days in a sealed container.