This Greek Salad Dressing is full of flavor and perfect for salads, pasta salads, and fresh vegetables. It’s made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, and oregano and adds loads of fresh flavor to any dish.
This Greek salad dressing is hands down one of my favorite homemade salad dressing recipes. It was originally published on our other site as this Greek Salad Dressing Recipe, and I love it so much that I’m tweaking it very slightly and sharing it here, too.
This salad dressing recipe very similar to a red wine vinaigrette with a couple added ingredients which gives it a completely different flavor. The result is a vibrant dressing full of fresh citrus and herb flavors while still tasting like a perfectly balanced vinaigrette.
How to make Greek Salad Dressing from scratch:
- Place the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper into a bowl or jar.
- Whisk to combine (or place a lid on the jar and shake if you’re using that method).
- Use this salad dressing immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Rosemary, thyme, or basil are all good replacements for the dried oregano in this Greek dressing.
The dressing would go great on any of these recipes:
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Orzo Salad
Lemon Couscous Salad
Other dressing recipes you may enjoy:
Greek Salad DressingPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar with a lid. Use a whisk to mix until well combined, or shake until well mixed.⅓ cup red wine vinegar⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil2 garlic cloves1 tablespoon lemon zest1 tablespoon lemon juice1 ½ teaspoons oregano1 teaspoon kosher salt1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Store at room temperature for up to 7 days.