This Greek Dressing is full of flavor and perfect for salads, pasta salads, and fresh vegetables. It’s made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, and oregano and adds loads of fresh flavor to any dish.
This Greek dressing is hands down one of my favorite homemade salad dressings. It was originally published on our other site as this Greek Salad Dressing Recipe, and I love it so much that I’m tweaking it very slightly and sharing it here, too.
A simple Greek dressing is more like a Greek vinaigrette really. It’s very similar to a red wine vinaigrette with a couple added ingredients which gives it a totally different flavor. The result is a vibrant dressing full of fresh citrus and herb flavors while still tasting like a perfectly balanced vinaigrette.
How to make Greek dressing from scratch:
- Place the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl or jar.
- Whisk to combine (or place a lid on the jar and shake if you’re using that method).
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Yes, it can easily be doubled and stored in a large container at room temperature. The Greek vinaigrette is good for about a week.
What can you use in place of dried oregano?
Rosemary, thyme, or basil would all be good replacements for the dried oregano in Greek dressing.
Other salad dressing recipes you may enjoy:
- ⅓ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin or Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar with a lid. Use a whisk to mix until well combined, or shake until well mixed.
- Store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 tablespoon. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.