This Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing is an easy dressing with a bright, zesty flavor! It's made with pantry staples, comes together in a quick 10 minutes, and is perfect on all your favorite salads.
Do you make your own dressings at home? If not, then this Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing might just change you.
This tangy salad dressing is made with just a handful of ingredients, including raw apple cider vinegar and olive oil, that creates the most delicious dressing. It's tangy, a little bit sweet, bright, vibrant, and comes together in just a few minutes.
This apple cider vinaigrette recipe is delicious on salads, grain bowls, your favorite veggies, you name it.
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Scroll to the recipe card below for the ingredient amounts and full instructions!
- In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey or maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Give the jar a good shake to combine well, then serve as desired or store in the fridge.
Tips and Notes
- No mason jar? This dressing can also be mixed up in a small bowl. Simply place all of the ingredients, minus the olive oil, into the bowl, then slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking. Be sure everything is well-mixed.
- Use honey or maple syrup to sweeten. Either one works great! The sweetness is key to offsetting the super tangy flavor of the raw vinegar.
- Make it creamy. Try adding a spoonful of sour cream or mayo to create a creamier salad dressing recipe.
This salad dressing is incredibly tasty and incredibly versatile! Enjoy it on a hearty salad or drizzle it over a grain bowl to add all that delicious flavor.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this homemade dressing:
Homemade apple cider vinaigrette can be stored in a sealed jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Mix Olive Oil with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Yes! With a good whisk or shake, the extra-virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar should mix up just fine!
The two ingredients may separate as the dressing sits, but can be easily mixed back up before serving again to make sure everything is well distributed.
Can I Put Straight Apple Cider Vinegar On My Salad?
I don't recommend it. Apple cider vinegar on its own has a really strong tangy, slightly sour taste.
The other ingredients in this dressing help to highlight the sweeter notes of the vinegar while also offsetting the more abrasive flavors to create the perfect balance.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a jar with a sealable lid. Shake until well combined.½ cup extra virgin olive oil¼ cup apple cider vinegar1 to 2 tablespoons honey1 tablespoon lemon juice1 teaspoon Dijon mustard1 small garlic cloveSalt and pepper
- Scroll up and see the post for tips, FAQs, and storage information.