Red Wine Vinaigrette is an easy and delicious salad dressing that comes together in about 5 minutes and adds tons of flavor to your favorite salad or dish.
Red wine vinaigrette is a versatile salad dressing recipe that goes well on so many different salads not to mention a variety of other dishes. Our recipe only has a few ingredients, many of which you probably already have in the pantry.
This vinaigrette only takes a few minutes to whip up, and it stores well for several days at room temperature. We keep some in a jar on the countertop and add it salads as needed.
How to make red wine vinaigrette:
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, salt, and pepper into a bowl or jar. (A mason jar with a lid is a great option here, because you can shake the dressing to combine everything.)
- Use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
- The red wine vinaigrette stays good about 7 days.
What’s the best olive oil for red wine vinaigrette?
Can you use red wine in place of red wine vinegar?
Can you use balsamic vinegar in place of red wine vinegar?
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 tablespoons. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.