Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad comes together in under 10 minutes and is a light summer side dish, great for adding a touch of sweetness to your grilled favorites. Tart, sweet blackberries, tangy goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, and fresh arugula all tossed in a homemade honey garlic dressing. Serve this lovely salad at showers and soirees to elevate those summer gatherings!
Serve this salad before a meal of juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Vegetables and a side of our Easy Roasted Cabbage Wedges and Grilled Squash. Or maybe add grilled chicken on top and serve with a side of our savory Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a tall glass of Fresh Honey Lemonade!
Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad
Take advantage of blackberry season (and salad season) with this delicious Blackberry and Goat Cheese Salad. The combination of the sweet and slightly tart blackberries and the creamy, tangy goat cheese is unmatched.
Fresh arugula greens, some walnuts or pecans for crunch, sweet honey, and don’t forget the homemade garlic dressing that completes this easy as can be side dish!
You can easily customize the flavors in the dressing to your tastes depending on if you want your salad to be sweeter or more on the savory side. Make the salad and dressing ahead of time and combine the two when ready to serve to your family or guests.
Ready in under 10 minutes, this salad is great for a light lunch or served as a side dish. Add some Italian Marinated Grilled Chicken to make it a full meal. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it’s delicious. What more could you want in a fresh summer salad?
How To Make Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Add the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a large bowl (or jar with a sealable lid) and whisk to combine. Reserve about half of the dressing to serve later.
- Toss with the arugula, blackberries, walnuts or pecans, and goat cheese. Serve immediately with the reserved dressing and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- If you aren’t serving right away, you can go ahead and combine the salad ingredients and keep in the fridge. Once ready to serve, toss the salad in the dressing.
- You can adjust the ingredients in the salad dressing to your tastes. For a sweeter dressing, add more honey, more savory, add more garlic, etc.
- You can swap the goat cheese for bleu cheese crumbles or feta.
- Blackberries can be swapped for strawberries or cranberries.
- A balsamic vinaigrette or our Red Wine Vinaigrette with Dijon Mustard would pair nicely with this salad as well.
- Pistachios also add some crunch and salty flavor to the mix.
Storage: The salad should be served as soon as it’s tossed in the dressing. However, the dressing can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups of arugula
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- Add the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Reserve about half of the dressing to serve later.
- Toss with the arugula, blackberries, walnuts or pecans and goat cheese. Serve immediately with the reserved dressing.
- See post for storage options.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 cups of salad. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Photos courtesy of Karla Rae Photography.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 8g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.