Our grilled chicken kebabs with vegetables feature juicy, marinated chicken on skewers with colorful bell peppers, red onions, and cherry tomatoes.
Grilling season is just around the corner. It’s one of my favorite times of the year. The whole neighborhood is filled with the smoky scent of charcoal.
I try to grill as often as I can during the Summer months. From fruit to steaks, if it can be grilled, you can bet I’ll try it.
We’ll even be grilling steak and tossing it in Cajun butter to make Cajun steaks bites, but for now the focus is chicken!
For today’s recipe, we’re gearing up for the season with these grilled chicken kebabs with vegetables.
I recommend serving these kebabs with our lemon couscous salad or our yellow rice from scratch.
Now, you may be wondering, what separates your grilled chicken kebabs from all the rest? The answer is the marinade, of course.
We use a homemade oil and vinegar based marinade to properly season the chicken.
Our blend of oil, vinegar and seasonings adds a ton of flavor without burning on your grill.
The reason other marinades burn is due to their high sugar content. It should be noted that this marinade has no added sugar. Now that you know what makes our recipe special, let’s get down to business!
How to make grilled chicken kebabs with vegetables?
First, in a small mixing bowl whisk together white wine vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, dried rosemary, thyme, garlic, and freshly ground pepper.
Next, cut the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes and place the meat into a large container (with lid) or freezer bag.
Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag or container. Let the meat marinate for at least 15-minutes while you cut the vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
Once the 15-minutes have passed, start building the skewers. As you can see from the photos, we started with chicken and then added the veggies.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, however, try and leave a little space between each cube of protein so it cooks evenly.
Then, preheat your grill or griddle over low to medium heat. Usually, I use a brush to apply a little vegetable oil to my grate.
Last, place the grilled chicken kebabs on your grill and let them cook for 12-18 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the meat is cooked through.
Remove them from the heat and let them rest for about 5-7 minutes before serving. That’s it the recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the chicken kebabs with veggies. Need a great appetizer to serve with them? Check out our roasted garlic crostini recipe.
- Just a reminder, when we develop our recipes, we make them for the public and reduce the amount of salt and pepper in our shared dishes. If you think this recipe will need more salt, then taste test the marinade BEFORE you add the raw chicken.
- Don’t feel like making your own sauces, then use your favorite store-bought version. Keep in mind though, the higher the sugar content, the more likely it will burn on your grill. I’m looking right at you store-bought BBQ sauces. For an easier marinade, check out our balsamic marinade.
- How to know when chicken kebabs are done? That’s a tricky one, but I always have a, “sacrificial” kebab. Meaning, one that I can use to check and see if the meat is done. It may not the best way to tell, but it has always worked for us.
Looking for another side dish to serve with these kebabs? Then try our sauteed green beans with bacon!
Grilled Chicken Kebabs with VegetablesPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon rosemary dried
- ¼ teaspoon thyme dried
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Place the cubed chicken in a medium bowl or plastic zip bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 15 minutes.¼ cup white wine vinegar¼ cup olive oil1 garlic clove½ teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon rosemary¼ teaspoon thyme¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken and begin to build the skewers. Take one piece of chicken and slide it to the bottom of the skewer. Next add a piece of each color of bell pepper, followed by red onion, then a cherry tomato. After the cherry tomato add another piece of chicken and repeat the process.1 pound chicken breasts1 green bell pepper1 red bell pepper1 orange bell pepper1 yellow bell pepper½ red onion½ pint cherry tomatoes
- While you’re building the skewers, preheat the grill or griddle on low heat. After the skewers are built and the grill is hot, use a pastry brush to apply a thin layer of canola or vegetable oil to grill. Work in batches and lay the skewers on the grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving