Fresh lemonade flavored with honey is a Summertime favorite! Learn how to make this simple drink for your family with our fresh honey lemonade recipe!
Summertime is almost here and that means outdoor meals and grilling get togethers. Fresh lemonade has always been a classic drink when the temperatures start to soar.
For today’s recipe we’re sharing our fresh honey lemonade. It’s the perfect beverage to sip on during those hot days in July and August.
Why sweeten lemonade with honey?
There are a few reasons why we chose honey over sugar. First, it’s a natural sweetener and not overly processed.
Second, it adds a distinct flavor to the drink that sugar just doesn’t have. Honey will be flavored based on it’s variety.
For example, orange blossom honey has hints of orange. Whereas, saw grass honey has earthy hints of grass in its flavor profile.
So, using honey (depending on the type you have) will add extra flavor to fresh lemonade. Lastly, using honey to sweeten lemonade creates a balanced flavor. Meaning, neither the sweetness or the lemon overwhelms your taste buds.
How to make honey lemonade:
First, go ahead and juice the lemons. That way, you have the lemon juice ready to go.
Next, grab a medium saucepan and combine the honey and water. Heat the mixture over low heat.
Stir the honey water until all the honey has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
Afterward, fill a large pitcher half-full with ice. Then, pour in the honey water mixture along with 6-cups of water.
Last, add the lemon juice and stir the lemonade to combine everything. That’s it, the recipe is done!
We hope you enjoy this refreshing drink and wish you a lovely day.
Honey Lemonade Tips:
- If you prefer a more tart drink, then consider adding more fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- On the other hand, if you want it sweeter, than add less water to the lemonade. I don’t recommend adding more honey.
- You can use lemon concentrate in place of lemon juice. However, reduce the amount of concentrate used. It’s not a 1 for 1 substitution. You’ll have to do taste tests to get the right balance.
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 lemon slices, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the honey and 2 cups of water over low heat until the honey has dissolved and is thoroughly mixed with the water. Remove from heat and set aside.1 ½ cups honey
- Fill a large pitcher partially with ice. Add the honey/water mixture, remaining 6 cups of water, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.Ice1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Serve over ice and add lemon slices for garnish.