A crunchy, tangy apple cranberry walnut salad made with fresh ingredients and topped with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette!
Yesterday, I sent out our monthly newsletter and mentioned we would be sharing some fresh, crunchy dishes. Well, guess what we have for you today? A fresh and crunchy apple cranberry walnut salad. It's dressed with something else we shared yesterday; our homemade apple cider salad dressing.
Now, you can use a store-bought variety if you wish. Just keep in mind, our vinaigrette was created for this salad. This recipe is simple to prepare and the hardest part is prepping the ingredients. Once that's out of the way, it's just toss, dress, and serve.
If you're looking for something a little heartier, try our farro salad or kale salad with cranberries. It's similar to this apple cranberry walnut salad but with the addition of hearty farro and a different vinaigrette.
How to make an apple cranberry walnut salad?
First, start by making the apple cider vinaigrette. Next, prep the remaining ingredients. Get everything ready for the mixing bowl.
Wash and dry the lettuce(s), core and chop the apples, slice the purple onion, etc.
Then, place the lettuces, apples, onions, feta cheese, walnuts, and cranberries into a large mixing bowl.
Afterward, toss the ingredients to mix the salad. Last, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
That's it, your apple cranberry walnut salad is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you're not serving the salad right away, I don't recommend dressing it. The vinaigrette will break down the lettuce and other ingredients over time. So, it's best to dress the salad just before serving.
- To keep the apples from turning brown, toss the slices (or chunks) in fresh lemon juice before adding them to the mixing bowl.
- Don't have the ingredients to make the apple cider vinegar dressing, then use a balsamic vinaigrette instead. It has a similar flavor and will work on this dish.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 5 cup(s) romaine lettuce, shredded or torn
- 5 cup(s) bibb lettuce, shredded or torn
- 3 apples, medium in size, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces (any variety)
- ½ cup(s) red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup(s) feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup(s) cranberries, dried
- ¾ cup(s) apple cider vinegar dressing
- Place the lettuce, apples, onion, cheese, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl. Toss to combine.5 cup(s) romaine lettuce5 cup(s) bibb lettuce3 apples½ cup(s) red onion½ cup(s) feta cheese½ cup(s) walnuts½ cup(s) cranberries
- Drizzle the entire salad with dressing if serving to a group or dressing each serving individually.¾ cup(s) apple cider vinegar dressing
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.