*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A crunchy, tangy apple cranberry walnut salad made with fresh ingredients and topped with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette!
Yesterday, I sent out our monthly newsletter and mentioned we would be sharing some fresh, crunchy dishes.
Well, guess what we have for you today? A fresh and crunchy apple cranberry walnut salad.
It’s dressed with something else we shared yesterday; our homemade apple cider salad dressing.
Now, you can use a store-bought variety if you wish. Just keep in mind, our vinaigrette was created for this salad.
This recipe is simple to prepare and the hardest part is prepping the ingredients.
Once that’s out of the way, it’s just toss, dress, and serve. So, shall we get started?
How to make an apple cranberry walnut salad?
First, start by making the apple cider vinaigrette.
Next, prep the remaining ingredients. Get everything ready for the mixing bowl.
Wash and dry the lettuce(s), core and chop the apples, slice the purple onion, etc.
Then, place the lettuces, apples, onions, feta cheese, walnuts, and cranberries into a large mixing bowl.
Afterward, toss the ingredients to mix the salad.
Last, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
That’s it, your apple cranberry walnut salad is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you’re not serving the salad right away, I don’t recommend dressing it. The vinaigrette will break down the lettuce and other ingredients over time. So, it’s best to dress the salad just before serving.
- To keep the apples from turning brown, toss the slices (or chunks) in fresh lemon juice before adding them to the mixing bowl.
- Don’t have the ingredients to make the apple cider vinegar dressing, then use a balsamic vinaigrette instead. It has a similar flavor and will work on this dish.
Need a Thanksgiving recipe idea? Try our turkey breast brine, it creates perfectly seasoned turkey breast.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Meat and Potatoes and our sister site, Berly’s Kitchen.
- 5 Cups Romaine, shredded or torn
- 5 Cups Bibb or other Green Lettuce, shredded or torn
- 3 Medium Apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces (any variety)
- ½ Cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cup Toasted Walnuts, chopped
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¾ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Place the lettuce, apples, onion, cheese, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Dress the entire salad with apple cider vinegar dressing if serving to a group or dressing each serving individually.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2-cups of the apple cranberry walnut salad with 2-tblsps. of the vinaigrette. Actual calories will vary. For more information or tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.