A delicious spinach and strawberry salad recipe using fresh, whole ingredients like baby spinach, fresh strawberries, walnuts, and purple onions!
Nothing beats a light lunch loaded with crunchy vegetables and topped with a tasty vinaigrette. Especially, when the sun is out and the temps are warm.
With Spring on the horizon it’s time to start bookmarking those fresh salad recipes. Well, here’s one that you should definitely bookmark for later.
Our strawberry salad recipe features baby spinach, sliced strawberries, Mandarin orange wedges, purple onion, and a honey vinaigrette.
Now, you really don’t need any special equipment for this recipe. If you have a salad spinner, it will make washing the spinach easier. But, it’s not needed.
How to make strawberry spinach salad?
First, start by prepping all your ingredients. Wash and dry the spinach, wash and slice the strawberries.
Next, once you have all the ingredients prepped, place everything except the dressing into a large mixing bowl.
Then, use tongs or two salad spoons to toss all the fresh ingredients together. Take a look at the photos above and below as references.
Last, once the strawberry spinach salad is mixed, drizzle it with dressing and serve.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Scroll down for some meal planning tips and other recipes like our Instant Pot brown rice!
Meal Prep Tips for Salads:
Okay, when working with raw vegetables it’s important to follow a few simple guidelines.
- Keep ingredients high in acid separate from delicate, leafy greens. Otherwise, the acid found in fruit like oranges, will quickly degrade the texture of softer vegetables (like spinach).
- Store the dressing separately until ready for use. Again, most vinaigrettes are made with an acid and a base. Storing them together with the salad will result in wilted, slimy lettuce. This can happen in hours.
- If you don’t have access to a fridge at work, then avoid using cream based dressings like Ranch or Creamy Cesar. Letting them come to room temperature can result in tummy aches or worse.
- Don’t store salads along side food that needs to be heated, unless you can separate the salad from the meat before reheating the protein.
- Get even more meal planning tips from Carrie at Clean Eating Kitchen. These are perfect for busy people.
In a large bowl toss together the spinach, strawberries, orange wedges, onion, and walnuts.
Drizzle with honey vinaigrette dressing then lightly toss a second time to coat.
Serve the salad onto individual plates and garnish with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.
*This salad is best enjoyed immediately and doesn’t hold well due to the fresh fruit.
*If you're looking for fresh produce delivery year-round, Farmbox Direct is a great option! You can choose from fruit or vegetable boxes or a combination of both. Use the promo code BERLYS10 to get 10% OFF your first order!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 9g
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about two (2) cups of the salad. Actual calories will vary.