Garlic Lime Vinaigrette is a light and refreshing salad dressing that can also be used as a dip or marinade! Easy to whip up in just 10 minutes, these bright flavors are perfect for spring and summer. Using a combination of sweet and savory flavors and the freshest ingredients, this vinaigrette will be your new summertime go to!
You can easily serve this Garlic Lime Vinaigrette over any of your favorite salad combinations. For a more unique take, try using it to marinate our Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts or Sheet Pan Salmon then serve with a side of Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice or rich Parmesan Risotto.
Garlic Lime Vinaigrette
Don’t let the tail end of winter keep you down - step into spring and salad season with a new favorite dressing! Garlic Lime Vinaigrette uses fresh ingredients for a taste that store-bought just can’t beat.
Savory garlic, bright lime juice, lightly sweet from a splash of honey, and just a dash of salt and pepper. The olive oil base makes this light without overpowering the other flavors in the dressing. Drizzle it over a southwest style salad, a classic cobb, or any of your favorite salad combinations.
Not only is this a great dressing, it can also be used as a dip for shrimp or seafood, or as a marinade for incredibly juicy and flavorful chicken. Use it to flavor quinoa or rice as well to add some light flavor. Make it ahead of time and use it for lunch and dinner recipes all week!
How To Make Garlic Lime Vinaigrette
- Using a jar with a tightly fitting lid, add in the olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, garlic cloves, lime zest, honey, salt, and pepper. Shake well to thoroughly combine.
- Add more of any ingredient until you find the ratio that suits your tastes.
- Drizzle it over your favorite salad, use it as a dipping sauce for fish or shrimp, or use it as a marinade for baked chicken. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- We recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice for this recipe. Lime juice from the container does not yield the same flavor.
- Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your taste. You can add more honey to make it sweeter, add more salt and pepper, or use extra lime juice for more citrus flavor.
- This vinaigrette makes a wonderful marinade for chicken or fish. Place chicken breasts or fish filets in a bag, pour in the vinaigrette, seal, and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to let the flavors really sink in!
- Cilantro can be added to provide an extra unique flavor to this dressing.
- For a spicy version, throw in some red pepper flakes.
Storage: You can store this dressing at room temperature in a jar or other airtight container for a week. We don’t recommend refrigerating this recipe.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a jar with a lid or a sealable container. Shake to combine.¼ cup extra virgin olive oil¼ cup lime juice2 small garlic cloves1 tablespoon(s) lime zest1 tablespoon(s) honeySalt and pepper
- Use it on your favorite salad, as a dipping sauce for fish or shrimp, or as a marinade. See post for storage options.