Greek Orzo Salad with Feta is a light pasta salad full of tender orzo, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, diced cucumber, and feta cheese all tossed in homemade Greek dressing.
If you’re looking for a light lunch that’s packed with flavor, this Greek orzo salad is right up your alley! It’s full of fresh flavors and is perfect for meal prepping a couple day ahead of time.
Several years ago, John made this Greek pasta salad for me, and it quickly became a favorite. From there, we’ve added a Greek yogurt marinated chicken breast to make it a Greek chicken pasta salad, and that’s also amazing!
I decided to see if I could lighten the original recipe up a bit by using orzo in place of the larger pasta noodles, and it turned out great. This orzo salad is packed with tomatoes, olives, cucumber, and feta tossed in our Greek Dressing. We love it for a light lunch or side dish.
How to make Greek Orzo Salad:
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain, rinse in cool water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, diced cucumber, diced purple onion, and Feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Greek salad dressing. Then, toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy chilled!
Orzo Salad Tips and Variations:
- Orzo is a type of pasta noodle not rice, so there’s no pre-rinsing required. Simply cook it according to the package directions then rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Can’t find an English cucumber? Use a regular cucumber instead. You’ll want to peel it and remove the seeds ahead of time. The skin on a regular cucumber is rather thick and the seeds make this pasta salad watery over time.
- Use as much or as little dressing as you’d like. The same goes for the feta cheese!
- Swap out the Greek salad dressing for Red Wine Vinaigrette, Lemon Honey Vinaigrette, Lemon Basil Vinaigrette, White Wine Vinaigrette, or use your favorite store bought variety.
Refrigerator: Store Greek orzo salad with feta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You’ll want to make extra dressing or save some dressing to “freshen up” the pasta salad leftovers.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing this pasta salad.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes to Try:
Greek Orzo Salad with FetaPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces orzo - uncooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives - pitted and halved
- 6 ounces feta - crumbled
- ½ English cucumber - large in size, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup purple onion - diced
- ¾ cup Greek salad dressing - plus more if desired (homemade or store bought)
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again. Transfer the orzo to a large bowl.8 ounces orzo
- Add the tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, cucumber, and purple onion. Drizzle with Greek dressing, and toss to combine.1 pint cherry tomatoes1 cup kalamata olives6 ounces feta½ English cucumber½ cup purple onion¾ cup Greek salad dressing
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy cold.
- See post for storage options.