Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is a flavorful meal full of sliced yogurt marinated chicken, pasta noodles, kalamata olives, Feta cheese crumbles, sliced red onions, and quartered cherry tomatoes tossed in Greek salad dressing. It makes the perfect make-ahead meal!
For the times that we want something a little more substantial, we’ll toss in some Greek yogurt marinated chicken breasts.
This Greek chicken pasta salad recipe takes a little bit of time to prepare, but it’s worth the wait. It’s great for meal prep or a make-ahead brunch or lunch meal.
Plus, there’s plenty for a family of 4 or 6 and it doubles easily if you need a larger meal. If you’re looking for something a little faster, try our turkey avocado club.
What is Greek Pasta Salad?
To make our Greek chicken salad recipe you have to start with a great pasta salad base. Most recipes have the same basic ingredients, but some will have a few variations.
Our Greek pasta salad only has 6 ingredients including the dressing.
- Short Pasta (penne, rigatoni, ziti, etc.)
- Feta Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Red/Purple Onions
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (We usually half or quarter the tomatoes depending on size.)
- Kalamata Olives (Normally, we purchase these pitted and pre-sliced.)
- Greek Salad Dressing (Either homemade or store-bought.)
Here are some other add-in options:
- Bell Pepper
- Fresh Dill
- Artichoke Hearts
To transform a Greek pasta salad into a Greek chicken pasta salad you simply add grilled chicken. Like I mentioned earlier, we like to add yogurt marinated chicken.
Greek yogurt marinated chicken tenderizes the meat nicely and gives the chicken a nice caramelization when grilled. It also keeps the chicken nice and moist which is great if you plan to eat cold Greek chicken pasta salad or use this recipe for meal prep.
How long is Greek chicken pasta salad good for in the fridge?
Whether you’re making Greek pasta salad or Greek chicken pasta salad it’s good for about 3 to 4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
After day 2, the noodles usually soak up the majority of the salad dressing, so it’s a good idea to have extra dressing handy to “freshen up” the pasta salad.
We also like to keep the chicken breasts whole and only slice them when they’re ready to be eaten. This keeps them from drying out too quickly.
How far in advance can you make this recipe?
Most pasta salads taste best after they’ve sat in the fridge for a few hours or up to overnight. All the flavors have a chance to blend together and the dressing can soak into all the ingredients.
This Greek chicken pasta salad can be enjoyed immediately, but it tastes better the day after it’s made. However, we don’t recommend making it more than 1 day in advance.
Looking for other main dish recipes?
You may like one of these!
- Boneless Skinless Baked Chicken
- Italian Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Sausage and Peppers Skillet
- Mushroom Broccoli Pasta
- Chicken Avocado Salad
- 12 Ounces Short Pasta
- 8 Ounces Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 8 Ounces Kalamata Olives (pitted, halved)
- 6 Ounces Feta Cheese
- 2 Ounces Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 Ounces Greek Salad Dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Pound Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Before preparing the pasta, make the marinade for the chicken and transfer the chicken to refrigerator. The chicken needs to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- After the chicken marinates, grill the chicken according to the recipe and start cooking the pasta noodles.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. While the pasta cooks, make the homemade Greek salad dressing or grab your favorite store bought version.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, cheese, and onions to the mixing bowl filled with cooked pasta. Drizzle with Greek salad dressing and toss to combine. Slice the chicken and combine with the pasta salad.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*Please see post for additional information on storage, serving, and optional ingredients.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 718mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 19g
The nutrition information provided is an estimate only. It is calculated based on a serving size of a 6th of the recipe. Any deviation in the ingredients or amounts will change the information. Please use your own calorie calculations for now accurate information.