This Coffee Smoothie is the best of both breakfast beverage worlds! Strong coffee, frozen bananas, oats, honey, vanilla, and cocoa powder blended together in under 10 minutes to wake you up and sweeten your day. Make your mornings worth waking up for with this amazing smoothie recipe!
This smoothie is easily enjoyed as is and is definitely filling but you can always complete your breakfast with some hearty Bacon and Egg Muffins, a stack of Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, warm Baked Oatmeal, or on the go Breakfast Cookies!
Start your day off right with the best of both morning beverages, a Coffee Smoothie! That’s right, all the protein and refreshing taste of a filling smoothie with the energizing jolt of coffee.
This smoothie is packed with old fashioned oats, frozen bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and honey. And of course, very strongly brewed coffee! Toss it all in your blender, blend away, and you’re ready to go, all in under 10 minutes.
Customize it with your preference of milk (almond, oat, soy, coconut, whole, all great options), skip the peanut butter and use almond butter instead, toss in some protein powder or chia seeds, or even use fresh instead of frozen bananas (just don’t forget the ice).
We love smoothies at our house and this coffee version is quickly becoming a new morning go to. Not only a delicious breakfast option, but it also works as a quick lunchtime pick me up or an afternoon snack. All the ingredients are ready to go so it’s easy to just toss in, blend, and enjoy.
How To Make A Coffee Smoothie
- In your blender, add in the milk, strongly brewed coffee, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and frozen bananas. Process until smooth.
- Then add in the old-fashioned oats and unsweetened cocoa powder. process again until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into a glass or your favorite travel cup and serve with freshly sliced bananas. Enjoy and take on the day!
Tips and Variations
- You can use any kind of milk you prefer. We used coconut milk for our smoothie but feel free to use whole milk, or a non dairy substitute.
- If you aren’t a fan of the peanut butter flavor, you can substitute almond butter.
- Vanilla protein powder will give you the vanilla flavor while also adding in extra protein!
- Be sure the frozen bananas are in small enough pieces to ensure everything blends easily and you get a smooth base.
- If you’re using fresh instead of frozen bananas, you will need to add in ice.
Storage: We don’t recommend storing this smoothie. It should be enjoyed as soon as it’s made to avoid melting. This recipe makes individual servings so there should not be any leftovers to store.
- ⅔ cup milk, any variety
- ⅓ cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced, frozen bananas
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add the milk, coffee, honey, nut butter, vanilla, and bananas to a blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the oats and cocoa powder, and process again until well combined.
- Pour into glasses and serve with freshly sliced bananas.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (12-ounce) smoothie. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Photos courtesy of Karla Rae Photography.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 12 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 762Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 16gSugar: 73gProtein: 20g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.