If you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast muffin, these Bacon and Egg Muffins are just what you need. They have only 5 simple ingredients and can be customized to your personal tastes. You can even make them ahead of time to save time in the morning!
Bacon Egg Muffins:
We’ve all been there. You’re running late and need a quick breakfast that will give you enough energy to get through the day, but also doesn’t take too long to make.
These bacon and egg muffins are just what you’re looking for! They are easy to whip up while making your morning routine more efficient and they taste great.
All you’ll need is fresh eggs, bacon, cheese, and some green onions for flavor. Whisk everything together and portion into a muffin tin for baking.
You can customize them to your own tastes by adding different herbs, spices, or add in some veggies for extra nutrients to start your day. Serve these bacon and egg muffins with a Mango Raspberry Smoothie Bowl, a Green Smoothie, or a helping of Baked Oatmeal for a complete meal.
How To Make Bacon and Egg Muffin Cups
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Assemble the egg mixture: If you haven’t already, cook, cool, and crumble your bacon. While the bacon cooks, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper. Add the bacon, cheese, and onions to the bowl with the eggs, salt, pepper. Whisk until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Bake and serve: Evenly distribute the egg mixture amongst the 12 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg muffins are set in the middle. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before using a knife to run around the edges to gently remove. Serve warm or store for later.
- You can use precooked bacon to save time. Make sure it’s crumbled into small pieces.
- Whisk the eggs first to ensure they are combined properly and no white or clear spots remain.
- Distribute the egg mixer using a measuring cup with a spout in order to create less cleanup.
- If you want a firmer egg muffin, increase the baking time by a few minutes.
- Make sure you let the egg muffins cool before removing as removing them too soon could cause them to stick.
- Add your favorite vegetables to the egg mixture including, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers, broccoli.
- Use your favorite seasoning blends such as Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or even Ranch dressing mix.
- Try using a different type of cheese such as cheddar, blue cheese, or feta cheese to add a salty cheesy flavor.
- Spice it up by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the egg mixture or adding diced jalapenos.
Any shredded cheese will work in this recipe, but we recommend using a flavorful variety such as pepper jack, cheddar, or gouda.
If your egg muffins are rubbery, it may be because they were overcooked. Make sure to check them regularly at the 15-minute mark and remove them from the oven when they are set in the middle.
No, you can omit the green onions if desired. However, they add a nice flavor and freshness to the recipe.
Storing, Freezing and Reheating
Storing: These egg muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. To reheat, place them in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. You can also bake them at 350°F for about five minutes.
Reheating: To reheat, place them in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 60-90 seconds or until heated through. You can also bake them at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
Freezing: These egg muffins can also be frozen for up to two months if stored in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Let them thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat as directed above.
Bacon and Egg MuffinsPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 12 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 cup green onions finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper. Add in the bacon, cheese, and onions.12 large eggsSalt and pepper12 ounces bacon4 ounces Gruyere cheese1 cup green onions
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set. Allow the egg muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of each muffin and gently remove from the pan.
- Serve warm. See post for storage options.