If you're looking for a quick and easy breakfast that is both healthy and delicious, try out this Blueberry Smoothie! Made with creamy milk, Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and banana, this is perfect as an on-the-go breakfast.
- Make sure you are using a ripe banana in the smoothie as they are much sweeter than unripe bananas.
- Feel free to start blending with one cup of ice, then add more if the texture is too thin.
- Honey is an optional ingredient to make the smoothie sweeter if necessary. Use as much or as little as you like or omit completely.
- The ice is great for creating a thick smoothie. If desired, the ice can be omitted. Use all frozen fruit in its place instead.
- Change up the fruit you use by adding strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries in place of the blueberries.
- This smoothie can also be made into a green smoothie by adding spinach or kale.
- If you want a little extra sweetness, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Add additional fiber to the smoothie by adding a handful of oats or chia seeds.
- Make it a chocolate smoothie by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the blender.
- For a tropical twist, add mango, pineapple, or papaya along with the banana.
- Use a scoop of your favorite protein powder in the mix to add even more protein to the smoothie.
Storing and Freezing
Storing: This blueberry smoothie is best served immediately as it will have the best smooth and creamy texture.
Freezing: We do not recommend freezing this smoothie.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 2 to 3 cups ice, *See Note
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups milk, any variety
- ¾ cup yogurt, Greek, plain, or vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- 1 large banana
- Place ice, frozen blueberries, milk, yogurt, honey, and banana into a blender. Blend until smooth.2 to 3 cups ice2 cups frozen blueberries1 ½ cups milk¾ cup yogurt2 tablespoons honey1 large banana
- Pour into glasses, and top with fresh blueberries. Enjoy immediately!
- See post for tips and storage options!