If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast that is both healthy and delicious, try out this Blueberry Smoothie! Made with creamy milk, Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and banana, this is perfect as an on-the-go breakfast.
Banana Blueberry Smoothie
When you need a quick start to the day, making a smoothie comes in clutch. And this recipe for a Blueberry Smoothie is one of our favorites!
It’s made with simple ingredients like blueberries, bananas, and milk. It also gets mixed with creamy Greek yogurt to give it an extra boost of protein and rich thickness. This filling breakfast drink is perfect for those mornings when you need to grab and go!
How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie
- Prepare the fruit: Peel the banana and add it to the blender along with the frozen blueberries.
- Add the milk and yogurt: Pour in the milk, add the Greek yogurt and the honey.
- Adjust the ice: Add 2-3 cups of ice to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. The amount of ice you use is dependent on how thick you like your smoothie.
- Blend and serve: Start out by pulsing the blender a few times to break up the ingredients, then gradually blend on medium-high speed until everything is smooth and creamy. Pour into individual glasses and serve immediately.
- Make sure you are using a ripe banana in the smoothie as they are much sweeter than unripe bananas.
- Feel free to start blending with one cup of ice, then add more if the texture is too thin.
- Honey is an optional ingredient to make the smoothie sweeter if necessary. Use as much or as little as you like or omit completely.
- The ice is great for creating a thick smoothie. If desired, the ice can be omitted. Use all frozen fruit in its place instead.
- Change up the fruit you use by adding strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries in place of the blueberries.
- This smoothie can also be made into a green smoothie by adding spinach or kale.
- If you want a little extra sweetness, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Add additional fiber to the smoothie by adding a handful of oats or chia seeds.
- Make it a chocolate smoothie by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the blender.
- For a tropical twist, add mango, pineapple, or papaya along with the banana.
- Use a scoop of your favorite protein powder in the mix to add even more protein to the smoothie.
Storing and Freezing
Storing: This blueberry smoothie is best served immediately as it will have the best smooth and creamy texture.
Freezing: We do not recommend freezing this smoothie.
- 2 -3 cups of ice (*See Note)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups milk (any variety)
- ¾ cup yogurt (Greek, plain, or vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- 1 large banana
- Place ice, frozen blueberries, milk, yogurt, honey, and banana into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, and top with fresh raspberries. Enjoy immediately!
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (14-ounce) smoothie. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Use the ice to thicken the smoothie. It's very thin without any ice. However, 2-3 cups of ice thickens it nicely. If you decide not to use ice, try using all frozen fruit instead and adjust the milk as desired.
*The honey is optional, and can be adjusted based on how sweet you like your smoothies.
*Use 1 large banana or 2 small bananas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 14 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 6g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.