Made with creamy peanut butter, frozen bananas, milk and yogurt our Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie makes an amazing breakfast. Not to mention, it goes from blender to glass in less than 5 minutes!
Smoothies are a great way to get a full breakfast on the go. This peanut butter banana smoothie is no exception.
Packed with plenty of peanut butter and banana flavor, this smoothie makes the perfect stand alone meal. However, if you want something a little more filing, pair it with a French Omelette, Buttermilk Biscuits, or a hearty helping of a Breakfast Skillet.
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Start by pulsing the blender to break up the larger pieces, then bring the speed up to medium and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses or a reusable cup for on the go.
- Top with banana slices, and a drizzle of peanut butter. Enjoy immediately!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Tips
- Make sure your bananas are cut into smaller pieces before freezing. This will make them easier to blend.
- You can use any type of milk you like in this recipe, including almond milk, soy milk or oat milk.
- For best results, use a high-speed blender to make this smoothie. If you don’t have one, a regular blender will work. It just might take a little longer to get the smoothie completely smooth.
- Use natural or reduced sugar peanut butter for a smoothie with less sugar.
- If you want a sweeter smoothie, add in a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
- For an extra boost of protein, add in a scoop of protein powder.
- Add a dose of fiber by adding some chia seeds, flax seeds, or rolled oats.
- Other topping ideas: Garnish the top with granola, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.
Storage and Freezing
Storing: Serve this smoothie for the best texture and flavor. Storage is not recommended.
Peanut Butter Banana SmoothiePrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ cups milk any variety
- 2 bananas large in size, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, any fat percentage
- 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter creamy
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.1 ½ cups milk2 bananas1 cup Greek yogurt3-4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Pour into glasses, top with banana slices, and a drizzle of peanut butter. Enjoy immediately!