Mango Pineapple Salsa is a colorful salsa bursting with tropical flavor. It's full of fresh mango, pineapple, onion, and cilantro and makes the perfect snack or condiment.
If you know me personally, you know that I love to layer up flavors on all my food. Whether it's ice cream or tacos, I'm a huge fan of piling on different flavors and textures.
That's why I love dishes like this mango pineapple salsa. It's an easy way to add tons of sweet flavor to savoy dishes like fish, chips, or tacos.
This salsa only takes a few minutes to prepare, and works well as a condiment on so many dishes.
How to make mango pineapple salsa:
You’ll find the exact measurements and full instructions in the recipe card near the bottom of the page.
- Add the pineapple, mango, purple onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil, then add salt.
- Stir to combine, and add additional lime juice and salt if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pineapple Mango Salsa Tips and Variations:
- Adjust the amount of mango or pineapple, so you're using more of one than the other.
- Throw in some red, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- Use serrano peppers in place of jalapenos.
- Toss in some banana peppers.
- Try key lime juice instead of regular lime juice.
- Swap out white onion for purple onion.
- Add some diced papaya.
Refrigerator: This salsa is good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing the salsa.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 3 cups mango, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 cups pineapple, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, medium in size, seeds and membranes removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Add the mango, pineapple, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno to a large bowl.3 cups mango3 cups pineapple½ cup red onion¼ cup cilantro1 jalapeño pepper
- Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Toss, and add salt. Taste, and add more lime juice and salt if desired.2 tablespoons lime juice2 teaspoon(s) olive oil½ teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days.