Creating a mango puree is easy. All you need is a few ingredients and a food processor to create this tropical fruit dish.
Today, Kim and I are sharing a really simple recipe that has a ton of uses in the kitchen.
While you can eat this puree as-is, it's better suited for smoothies (great for our mango banana smoothie!), pie fillings, or as a topping.
Best of all, our mango puree only uses two ingredients and takes 10-minutes or less to prepare.
What can I do with mango puree?
There a lot of things you can do with pureed fruit. For example, you can freeze it for smoothies, use it as a topping for crepes or pancakes, mix it into batters for breads and cakes, or use it as a topping for ice cream.
How long does mango puree last in the fridge?
Like most fresh foods, we only store dishes like this the fridge for 3-5 days.
One last thing to mention, I do NOT recommend using frozen mango for this recipe. Simply put, it lacks the flavor and moisture needed to create a quality puree.
How to make mango puree from scratch?
First, peel the mangoes. After that, go ahead cut the fruit flesh away from the pits. Discard the pits and place the chunks of mango into the food processor.
Next, pulse the fruit until it creates a smooth and creamy puree.
Now, you may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to the mixture, depending on the thickness of the puree.
Last, use the puree immediately or place it into a container with lid and store it in your fridge.
It will hold for up to 3-days in a sealed container. Alternatively, the mango puree can be frozen for up to 3-months.
Love making your own condiments? Then try making raw sauerkraut at home!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 3 mangoes, ripe, washed, peeled, and pits removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) water, optional
- Place the mango pieces into a food processor, and pulse until smooth.3 mangoes
- If the puree is too thick, add the optional water to thin it out a bit.1 to 2 tablespoon(s) water
- Use the mango puree immediately, or store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen in ice cube trays for easy use in smoothies or other recipes.