A quick 4-step boneless skinless baked chicken breast recipe that only uses a couple of ingredients. Prepare a filling wholesome main dish in less than an hour!
With everything going on, it’s hard to create a simple main dish that’s packed with protein without any added fillers. Sure, they’re plenty frozen, processed dishes out there. But, when you have nutritional needs, those meals won’t cut it.
So, Kim and I wanted to share a simple boneless skinless baked chicken breast recipe that we love! If you need a side dish idea, try our oven roasted Brussels sprouts or Herb Stuffing. It’s a perfectly seasoned, lean protein that can be modified to fit your own personal tastes.
Don’t like paprika, then substitute another spice instead. In fact, you could add Italian seasonings to the mix for tasty Italian-themed baked chicken breast! Best of all, we only used 1-tablespoon of oil for the whole pound of baked chicken breast. That’s a lot less fat than using a marinade or dressing to flavor boneless skinless chicken.
How to make baked chicken breast:
As I stated above, there are only 4 steps to this recipe. Now, we recommend using fresh chicken breast.
However, given the circumstances, we understand if you can only get frozen. You can use frozen chicken; but thaw it out first.
Also, it’s a good idea to rinse off all those solutions and dry off the skinless breast before you start the recipe.
First, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. and spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (if NOT using a non-stick dish).
Next, if needed, trim away any excess fat and connective tissue. You know, that part on the end that’s inedible.
After that, place the raw chicken breasts into the baking dish and drizzle them with oil.
We used olive oil, but you can use any oil you prefer. Now, sprinkle the skinless chicken breast with the following seasonings.
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Black (or white) Pepper
- Onion Powder
Then, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (to keep the chicken from drying out) and place it into the oven to bake the chicken for 25 minutes.
I recommend using a meat thermometer to check the thickest part of the chicken breast. Once it reads 165° F. the meat is done.
Boneless Skinless Baked Chicken Breast RecipePrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375° degrees and lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken breasts and pat dry. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and onion powder. Use your hands to gently rub the seasonings into the chicken on both sides.1 pound chicken breasts1 tablespoon olive oil1 teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon garlic powder½ teaspoon paprika½ teaspoon ground black pepper¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165° degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and transfer to plate.
- Keep the chicken loosely covered with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.