A simple cream cheese crostini flavored with roasted garlic and sun dried tomatoes. It’s a savory, creamy appetizer perfect for your next dinner party!
Kim and I adore appetizers; especially, simple starters like bruschetta or crostini. There’s just something very appealing about finger foods loaded with intense flavors.
Our cream cheese crostini definitely satisfies your taste buds with the rich flavors of cream cheese, smoky roasted garlic, and briny sun dried tomatoes. The recipe is easy to prepare and only has 3 steps. the longest part is waiting for the garlic to roast.
Once that’s done, simply blend the ingredients together to create this smooth and creamy topping for toasted bread, crackers, or Melba toast.
How to make a cream cheese crostini?
- To begin, you’ll need remove the cream cheese from your fridge an hour in advance to soften, and roast a bulb (head) of garlic.
- Grab a small pan and preheat your oven to 425°F. Cut the top off of the bulb to expose the cloves, drizzle it with olive oil, and wrap it in foil.
- Next, place the garlic into the oven to roast for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, slice a baguette and place the slices onto sheet pan.
- Afterward, place the bread into the oven (with the garlic) to toast for 3-4 minutes. Remove the toasted bread from the oven and set it aside.
- Then, once the garlic is done roasting, remove it from the oven and carefully unwrap the aluminum foil.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic out of the bulb and toss the skins. Now, put the cream cheese, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and spices into a food processor.
- At this point, you can use the pulse function on your processor to combine all the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Last, use a mirror spreader or butter knife to spread the cream cheese onto the toasted baguette slices.
What wine goes with cream cheese?
Can this crostini be made in advance?
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- Small Head Roasted Garlic
- ¼ Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- French Baguette, cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 425° and cut the head off a bulb of garlic leaving the cloves intact. Drizzle the exposed cloves with 1 - 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Wrap the bulb tightly with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While the garlic roasted roasts, place the baguette slices onto a sheet pan. Toast the bread pieces in the oven for 3-4 minutes just enough to lightly toast. Be sure not to over cook; otherwise, the bread will be too crunchy to eat.
- After the garlic roasts, carefully remove the foil and squeeze the roasted cloves out of the bulb. Set aside and discard the skins.
- Place the softened cream cheese, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper into a food processor and pulse several times to combine the mixture.
- Remove the cream cheese mixture from the food processor and spread over the bread slices. Serve immediately.
The cook includes roasting the garlic alongside toasting the bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of 2 crostini.