Vegetable Cream Cheese is a delicious and flavorful cream cheese made with fresh chives, carrots, red bell peppers, shallots, and garlic powder. It’s the perfect addition to your morning bagel or toast.
Garden Veggie Cream Cheese
Garden veggie cream cheese is the perfect spread for bagels, toast, and other breakfast items. It’s made from a combination of smooth cream cheese and a variety of vegetables such as crunchy carrots, shallots, red bell peppers, fresh chives, and seasoning!
This homemade cream cheese takes about 10 minutes to make, just about as long as it does to slice and toast a bagel. It’s the perfect way to get even the pickiest of eaters to enjoy their veggies!
How to Make Vegetable Cream Cheese:
This vegetable cream cheese comes together in less than 10 minutes, especially if you follow my time-saving tips (see the “Tips for Success” below). You’ll be enjoying it for breakfast in no time!
See the recipe card below for the ingredient amounts and full instructions.
- Make sure your cream cheese is nice and softened so you can easily stir it. Place it in a bowl with the garlic powder and salt. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables to the bowl of cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the veggie cream cheese until ready to use.
Tips for Success:
- Use a chopper or food processor to chop the veggies into tiny pieces. Just make sure not to puree the vegetables. We want them in little pieces not ground up.
- Avoid using vegetables with a high moisture content. They will make the cream cheese watery and runny.
- Use it as a dip for sliced veggies or crackers. This makes an excellent snack or appetizer if you’re entertaining guests.
- Use it as a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise or mustard.
- Make a healthier version of macaroni and cheese by blending vegetable cream cheese with cooked macaroni noodles instead of processed cheese sauce mixes from the grocery store.
- Mix in dried herbs like oregano, rosemary, tarragon, basil, thyme, etc., to jazz up the flavor profile even more!
- Spread it over pizza dough before adding your favorite toppings for an extra layer of texture and taste! This cream cheese is perfect for a fresh veggie pizza!
- Add to mashed potatoes or root vegetables like carrots and parsnips for extra richness and flavor.
How to Store this Flavored Cream Cheese:
Refrigerator: Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Is Veggie Cream Cheese a Dip or a Spread?
This cream cheese is meant to be used as a spread on bagels, crackers, toast, or other foods. But, it makes a fantastic vegetable dip, too! Use it however you like!
Can I Blend All the Ingredients Instead of Chopping and Stirring?
Absolutely! If you want a truly creamy and smooth spread, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
What Does Vegetable Cream Cheese Taste Like?
This cream cheese has a mild flavor with hints of seasonings or herbs and vegetables depending on the type used. Garden veggie cream cheese typically contains vegetables like chives, shallots, red peppers, or carrots which lend subtle flavors to the overall taste.
Vegetable Cream CheesePrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- Place the cream cheese, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.8 ounces block-style cream cheese¼ teaspoon garlic powder¼ teaspoon salt
- Add the red bell peppers, carrots, chives, and shallots. Mix until well combined.2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers2 tablespoons finely diced carrots1 tablespoon finely chopped chives1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. Spread on your favorite bagels, toast, or crackers.
- Scroll up to post for tips, FAQs, and storage information.