Whole Roasted Cauliflower is a quick and easy side dish that will look great on any dinner table! This whole head of cauliflower is lightly drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with savory smoked paprika, garlic, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. It’s so delicious it might just steal the show and become the main course!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower is a healthier alternative side dish that can be served with any meal! Try pairing it with our creamy Coconut Lime Chicken, savory Sour Cream Pork Chops, or melt in your mouth Baked Flounder with Lemon Garlic and Butter!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole Roasted Cauliflower is perfect for a healthy alternative when looking for a new side to pair with dinner. With only about 5 minutes of prep and an easy oven roasted cooking technique, this veggie is sure to grace your dinner table over and over again.
It could even work for a new meatless Monday dinner alternative or if you already live a vegetarian lifestyle, make this your main meal! Filling, good for you, and so, so scrumptious!
How To Make Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Wash the cauliflower and pat dry with paper towels. Remove all of the leaves and most of the stem. Cut off the bottom so the cauliflower can sit upright.
- Then, in a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan, garlic, paprika, and salt. Use a pastry brush to apply the mixture to the cauliflower. Don’t forget to include the bottom near the stem area! Flip the cauliflower upside down and pour any leftover mixture into the inside of the cauliflower to really coat it with flavor. Tilt the cauliflower around to ensure the mixture is evenly distributed. You don’t want the seasoning to pool in one area and the rest be plain.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a Dutch oven, cast iron pan, roasting pan, or other oven safe pan with a lid and place it right side up. Cover and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the cauliflower is knife tender.
- Add extra olive oil, Parmesan cheese, or fresh parsley as a garnish. Slice into individual servings and serve fresh from the oven. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- This particular roasted cauliflower will end up with a red hue to it due to the smoked paprika. If you’d prefer not to have the red tint, you can switch up the herb blend. Try garlic, rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, Italian seasonings, or a combination!
- When choosing a head of cauliflower, make sure it is crisp and tender with minimal bruising or spots on the outside for the freshest results.
- Use purple or green cauliflower for a uniquely beautiful color presentation and additional antioxidants.
- Feel free to change up the seasoning or even the cheese. A drizzle of melted sharp cheddar or grated asiago would be great flavors to try.
- Drizzle with balsamic for a sweet and tangy variation.
- Honey and red pepper flakes would give this cauliflower a sweet and spicy pallet!
Storage and Reheating
Refrigerator: Store any leftover Roasted Cauliflower in an airtight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 5 days for the best flavor.
Freezer: You can freeze Roasted Cauliflower for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw before reheating.
Reheating: To keep the crunch to the cauliflower, warm in the oven at 375°F for about 10 minutes. You can also heat in the microwave until warmed through but it won’t retain that crisp.
Whole Roasted CauliflowerPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅓ cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2-4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash the cauliflower and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the leaves and most of the stem. Cut off the bottom, so the cauliflower sits upright.1 head of cauliflower
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan, garlic, paprika and salt. Use a pastry brush to apply the mixture to cauliflower including the bottom near the stem area. Flip the cauliflower upside down, and pour any leftover mixture into the inside of the cauliflower. Tilt the cauliflower around to ensure the mixture is evenly distributed.⅓ cup olive oil⅓ cup Parmesan cheese2-4 garlic cloves1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika1 teaspoon salt
- Place the cauliflower right side up, and transfer to a Dutch oven, cast iron pan, roasting pan, or other oven safe pan with a lid. Cover and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the cauliflower is knife tender.
- Add extra olive oil, Parmesan cheese, or fresh parsley if desired. Serve warm.
- See post for storage options.