Our simple sour cream pork chops are made with perfectly seasoned bone-in pork chops and covered in a tart sour cream gravy!
We’re continuing our theme of tart and tasty with this sour cream pork chops recipe. Kim seasoned and seared bone-in pork chops in an oven-safe pan. Then she used the pan drippings to create a flavorful sour cream gravy that everyone loved.
Even using thick cuts of pork, the meal only took about 30-minutes to prepare. Boil some potatoes on the stove while meat cooks and you’ll have a filling meal the whole family will adore.
How to make sour cream pork chops with paprika?
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and place an oven-safe pan into the stove to heat up. Next, grab a small bowl and combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
Afterward, sprinkle the blend of spices onto the pork. Make sure to season both sides.
Now, remove the pan from the oven and place it over medium heat. Place the chops into the pan.
Then, sear the pork for 2-3 minutes on each side. After that, place the pan back into the oven.
Let the meat cook for about 6-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops).
Once the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, (at the thickest point), remove it from the oven.
Also, go ahead and pull the pork chops from the pan and place them on a plate to rest.
You can cover them loosely with aluminum foil to keep them warm while you make the sour cream gravy.
In the hot pan, use a whisk to combine the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika.
Once the sauce is mixed, carefully taste test everything. If needed, add salt and pepper. If not, then the sour cream sauce is done. All that’s left to do is serve the chops with your favorite side dish.
That’s it, your sour cream pork chops are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s:
- If the pan is too hot, then the sour cream will separate slightly. As seen in our photos. I recommend letting the pan cool just a little before making the sour cream sauce.
- This recipe will also work for chicken. So, feel free to substitute chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Just be sure to adjust the cook time accordingly.
What’s the secret to tender pork chops?
How long should you season pork chops?
Don’t forget to check out our Sour Cream Pork Chops web story!
For the Pork Chops:
- 2 Pounds Bone-In Pork Chops (about ½ to ¾ inch thick)
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
For the Sauce:
- Drippings from the Pan
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and place a large, oven-safe skillet in the oven to get hot.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Set aside. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the seasoning mixture.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and place over medium heat. Transfer the pork chops to the hot pan, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pan back in the oven, and cook for an additional 6 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork chops. The pork chops are done when an instant read thermometer should register 145°F to when inserted into the thickest part of the chops. Transfer the pork chops to a waiting plate, and cover loosely with foil.
- Leave the drippings in the pan, and place it back on the stove top over low heat. Add the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sour cream sauce over the pork chops, and serve with mashed potatoes. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and serving size of 1-pork chop with about 2-tablespoons of sour cream sauce. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the mashed potatoes seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 59g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.