*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a party punch that’s flavorful, simple, and alcohol-free? Then try our virgin mojitos. All the flavor of a mojito without the rum!
While Kim and I enjoy cocktails, we understand that not everyone is a fan of alcohol.
Regardless of the reasons, we acknowledge it and want to make tasty drink recipes that appeal to all of our readers.
So, for today, we’re sharing Kim’s easy virgin mojitos. They’re absolutely delicious and contain zero alcohol.
Even though we removed the booze, we didn’t remove the flavor. These drinks are still made with muddled mint and fresh lime juice.
If you’re in need of a tropical drink that’s safe for all of your guests, then look no further.
How about we jump in the kitchen and make some drinks?
How to make simple syrup?
In order to make virgin mojitos, you need to have simple syrup. Now, that isn’t an ingredient most people have sitting around.
So, we’ll provide you with an easy simple syrup recipe adapted from our other website; Berly’s Kitchen.
To get started, place a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the water and granulated sugar.
Stir the mixture as it heats. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat. Let the liquid cool and store it in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 7-days.
How to make a virgin mojito?
First, grab a shaker cup. Place the fresh mint leaves and sugar into the cup.
Use a muddler to bruise the leaves. Doing so, will release all that natural mint flavor.
Next, pour in the simple syrup, lime juice, club soda, and ice. Place the lid on the shaker.
Then, gently shake the virgin cocktail. After that, add more fresh mint and ice to your serving glasses.
Last, pour the drinks into the glasses and serve them cold. That’s it, the recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the drinks and wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Tips & FAQ’s:
- If you want to add alcohol, then I recommend using white rum. White rum is the traditional alcohol used in mojitos. For a coconut mojito, use coconut rum, like Malibu.
- Not everyone owns a muddler. It’s not a big deal, you can use a spoon to bruise or muddle the mint.
- If you don’t want to use granulated sugar, then try using a granulated sweetener, like Stevia.
How do we pronounce virgin mojito?
According to the Miriam Webster dictionary, the proper way to pronounce the phrase, “virgin mojito,” is: vir·gin | \ ˈvər-jən mo·ji·to | \ mō-ˈhē-tō.
What does virgin mojito mean?
Basically, it refers to a mojito prepared without rum or any other variety of alcohol.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Meat and Potatoes and our sister site, Berly’s Kitchen.
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 16 Large Mint Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 6 Ounces Simple Syrup
- 4 Ounces Club Soda
- 2 Ounces Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Ice or more as needed
For the Simple Syrup:
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool completely before making the mojito.
- Store any leftover simple syrup in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For the Mojito:
- Place mint leaves and granulated sugar into a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to gently bruise the mint leaves.
- Next, add the simple syrup, club soda, lime juice, and ice. Gently shake to combine.
- Pour into a cocktail glass over ice without straining. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh mint. Serve immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of an 6 ounce virgin mojito. Actual calories will vary.
*To reduce the sweetness in the drink, use less simple syrup and replace it with equal amounts of club soda.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 6 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 103gFiber: 6gSugar: 93gProtein: 3g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.