Watermelon Agua Fresca is a cool, fruity, non-alcoholic drink perfect for sipping away those hot summer days. Watermelon, lime juice, water, and sugar are all you need to blend up this delicious drink. Try different fruits and garnishes to make variations of frescas and stay refreshed all summer long!
Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 8 pounds watermelon, scooped out of the rind (about 8 cups)
- 2 to 3 cups water
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Scoop out the watermelon, and place it into a large capacity blender. Add 2 cups of water, sugar, and lime juice and blend until smooth.8 pounds watermelon2 to 3 cups water½ cup granulated sugar1 tablespoon lime juice
- Blend in more water and sugar as needed. Pour the juice through a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
- Strain it 2-3 more times as needed to get an even smoother juice, or leave it as is if you don’t mind juice with more pulp.
- Chill until ready to serve. Pour it over ice and garnish with thinly sliced watermelon wedges and lime wedges if desired.
- See post for storage options.