This turkey avocado club is piled high with fresh lettuce, oven roasted turkey, crisp bacon, toasted wheat bread, and a homemade avocado ranch dressing. It’s great for an easy lunch or dinner.
Sandwiches are a big deal in our house. John and Kale both love a good sandwich and could probably eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get tired of them.
Sandwiches are easy to make and pair great with tomato basil soup or a small bowl of chili. They make a great option for a light lunch with a strawberry spinach salad or farro salad, too.
Club sandwiches are not a new thing. In fact, they’ve been around for a long time.
John wanted to do something a little different with this one, so he used wheat bread and made a homemade, creamy avocado ranch in place of sliced avocado and mayonnaise.
It turned out to be one amazing turkey avocado club full of all the flavors you’d expect from a traditional turkey club sandwich, with the additional of cool avocado dressing in place of mayonnaise.
How to make a turkey avocado club:
Place the pitted avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dill into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
Remove the avocado dressing from the food processor, and set aside. Lightly toast the wheat bread, and place one piece plate, cutting board, or other work surface.
Lay a large piece of lettuce over the piece of bread. Place about 2 ounces of turkey on top of the lettuce.
This can be sliced deli turkey or leftover oven roasted turkey. Whatever you have handy will work. Grab a second piece of bread, and spread an ounce of the avocado ranch across the bread
Place that piece on top of the turkey. Add another large piece of lettuce on top of the avocado ranch, then top that with slices of beefsteak tomato, purple onion slices, and bacon.
Spread another ounce of avocado dressing on the third slice of bread, and place it on top of the sandwich. I added a small pickle and olive with a toothpick to help hold the sandwich together.
Enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 3 days; however, I’d hold off on adding the dressing to keep the bread from becoming soggy.
What is a turkey club sandwich?
A turkey club sandwich is a little different than a classic club sandwich. A turkey club has six main ingredients consisting of turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, and bread.
What condiments go good on a turkey club?
We’re partial to our avocado ranch dressing, but there are tons of other options. Some great ones are:
- Whole Grain Mustard.
- Chipotle Mayo.
Can you add cheese to a turkey avocado club?
Sure! This sandwich is very versatile, so add or omit any ingredient that you like.
In regards to cheese, we recommend sticking to a cheese that can be easily sliced. A variety such as cheddar, American, Swiss, provolone, gouda, or Muenster would be great options. Softer cheeses like Queso fresco, feta, gorgonzola, or bleu cheese would be more difficult to work with on this sandwich.
What order do you layer the ingredients on a turkey avocado club?
This is how we layer our ingredients for this sandwich starting from bottom to top. Other recipes may vary.
- Toasted Bread.
- Avocado Dressing.
- Toasted Bread.
- Purple Onion.
- Avocado Dressing.
- Toasted Bread.
Are a classic club sandwich and a turkey club the same?
Nope, they are not. There are some ingredient difference between the two sandwiches.
A classic club sandwich may also contain ham and cheese. These are not usually found on most turkey clubs. Here’s a good example of a classic club sandwich.
Turkey Avocado ClubPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed - dried
- 6 slices wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced turkey - or deli meat
- 1 tomatoes - sliced
- 2 cups lettuce - about 4 large whole leaves
- 8 slices bacon - cooked
- ½ cup avocado ranch dressing
To Make the Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- Place the ingredients for the avocado dressing into a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Set aside.1 avocado½ cup Greek yogurt1 tablespoon lime juice½ teaspoon kosher salt⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper¼ teaspoon garlic powder¼ teaspoon onion powder¼ teaspoon dill weed
To Assemble the Sandwich:
- Toast the slices of wheat bread, and place one piece on a plate. Add a large piece of lettuce on top of the bread. Place two ounces of turkey meat on top of the lettuce.6 slices wheat bread4 ounces sliced turkey
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread an ounce of avocado ranch dressing on a second piece of bread, and place it on top of the turkey. Next, add a second, large piece of lettuce to the sandwich.½ cup avocado ranch dressing
- Top the lettuce with tomato slices, purple onion, and four slices of bacon. Spread another ounce of avocado ranch dressing on a third piece of bread, and place it on top of the sandwich.1 tomatoes2 cups lettuce8 slices bacon
- If desired, slice the sandwich and serve with a pickle, chips, or pretzels.