Strawberry Guava Lemonade is a fresh, fun take on traditional lemonade. Made with fresh strawberries, sweet guava nectar, tart lemon juice, honey, and sugar, this lemonade is bright, flavorful, and refreshing! The sweet and almost flowery flavor of the guava pairs perfectly with the sweet strawberries and tart lemon juice. Serve up a pitcher for lunch or make a larger batch for parties! This is the new drink of summer!
Strawberry Guava Lemonade
We love lemonade here at More than Meat and Potatoes, especially when it comes to experimenting with new flavor combinations. And we may have just found our new favorite.
Strawberry Guava Lemonade is fruity, sweet, flowery, tart, and blissfully light and totally delicious! This recipe makes a whole pitcher and you might just be tempted to drink the whole thing yourself.
The recipe is incredibly versatile and can be adapted to make a boozy version, a sparkling version, or can even be made into ice cubes or popsicles.
The fresh strawberries bring out that sweet berry flavor we all love, but the guava nectar is the real star of the show here. Sweet and a bit flowery in taste, the guava nectar really balances the strawberry and lemon flavors to create an incredible combination.
Light and refreshing, this lemonade would be perfect for any upcoming summer events or small get togethers.
How To Make Strawberry Guava Lemonade
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine the freshly hulled and chopped strawberries with ¼ cup of sugar. Use a potato masher (or fork) to break down the strawberries as much as possible. Set aside.
- In a small pot or saucepan, pour in the remaining sugar, water, guava juice, and honey. Stir together. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to fully cool.
- Take a large pitcher and add in the muddled strawberries. Once the guava mixture has cooled, pour into the pitcher along with the lemon juice. Stir to combine all the elements.
- Serve this refreshing lemonade over ice and enjoy!
Tips and Variations:
- This lemonade is very sweet and packed with flavor. You can add more water to the mixture to dilute it to your preference.
- Add a splash of vodka, rum, or tequila for a fantastic mixed drink!
- For a sparkling version, add soda water or ginger ale to the mix.
- If you’re having trouble finding guava nectar, try checking the Hispanic or Asian food aisles at your local supermarket. We were actually able to find ours at the Dollar Tree.
- Make a frozen version by blending the lemonade with ice.
Storage: This lemonade can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple days but is best enjoyed fresh. It does freeze well and makes great popsicles or ice cubes!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
For the Strawberries
- ½ pound(s) strawberries, fresh, hulled and chopped
- ¼ cup(s) granulated sugar, divided
For the Lemonade
- 3 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) guava nectar
- ¾ cup(s) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup(s) honey
- 1 cup(s) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
For the Strawberries
- Combine the strawberries and ¼ cup of sugar in a medium bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to break down the strawberries as much as possible. Then, set aside.½ pound(s) strawberries¼ cup(s) granulated sugar
For the Lemonade
- In a small to medium saucepan, stir together the water, guava juice, the remaining sugar and honey. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, while stirring occasionally. Once the sugar dissolves, remove the pan from heat and set aside to cool completely.3 cup(s) water3 cup(s) guava nectar⅓ cup(s) honey¾ cup(s) granulated sugar
- Add the macerated strawberries to a large pitcher. Then, pour in the cooled guava mixture along with the lemon juice. Stir well.1 cup(s) lemon juice
- Serve over ice and enjoy!