Pineapple Sorbet is smooth, light, and perfectly sweetened. It’s easy to make and only has 3 ingredients!
Our pineapple sorbet recipe is an easy frozen dessert that’s dairy-free and full of fresh pineapple flavor. We love making easy frozen desserts, especially during the Spring and Summer. Some of our other favorites are coconut sorbet, lime sherbet, and pineapple popsicles.
Pineapple Sorbet Recipe:
Pineapple sorbet is a frozen tropical dessert you’ll want to make all Summer long. We used ripened, fresh pineapple with some simple syrup to make this sorbet. Below I’ve listed how you can make it with no sugar, too.
This sorbet is one of my favorite easy frozen treats. There are so many different ways to change it up by adding different flavors to make it unique. If you know someone that enjoys tropical flavors, they will absolutely love this sorbet!
How to Make Pineapple Sorbet:
- Place the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator.
- Place the cool simple syrup and pineapple chunks into a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared ice cream maker.
- Churn until the sorbet reaches the “soft serve” stage.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container, and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until set.
Pineapple Sorbet Tips and Variations:
- Simple Syrup: I use the simple syrup to add extra sweetness to the pineapple sorbet and to help the sorbet freeze. The sugar can always be reduced if you’d prefer less refined sugar in the recipe.
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapple works best for this recipe, but canned pineapple can be used in a pinch. You’ll need about 4 cups of pineapple chunks well drained.
- Add-Ins: Fresh basil, lime juice, lime zest, shredded coconut, strawberries, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and coconut cream would all be great add-in options for this recipe.
- Thaw: Due to the water in the simple syrup, the pineapple sorbet freezes solid. It’s best to let it set out for about 10 minutes before trying to scoop it and serve.
- Make It Sugar-Free!: If you wanted to go completely refined sugar-free, you could leave out the simple syrup. I’d recommend adding some extra flavor like lime zest, lime juice, shredded coconut, pineapple juice, or a combination of add-ins. You’ll need a bit of liquid to help blend down the pineapple, so something like lime juice or coconut milk or water is great for that.
Room Temperature: We do not recommend storing pineapple sorbet at room temperature for obvious reasons. However, it is best to let the sorbet set out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping and serving.
Refrigerator: This recipe should not be stored in the refrigerator.
Freezer: Pineapple sorbet is best stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Cups Fresh Pineapple, cut into chunks
- This recipe requires an ice cream maker. Place the core of the ice cream maker in the freezer up to 24 hours ahead of time or as recommended by the manufacturer directions.
For the Simple Syrup:
- Place the sugar and water into a medium saucepan, and heat over medium heat. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour.
For the Sorbet:
- After the simple syrup cools, place the pineapple chunks into a blender, then pour in the simple syrup.
- Process until the ingredients are smooth and well blended. Transfer to an ice cream maker, and churn according to the manufacturer directions.
- Scoop the sorbet into a freezer safe container. The sorbet can be enjoyed immediately as soft serve, or frozen until set for 6 to 8 hours.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 4 ounces of sorbet. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 0g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.