Our cranberry brie crostini recipe features creamy brie cheese combined with tart dried cranberries served on a toasted baguette.
Kim and I were craving a small bite to eat the other day. So, we gathered a few holiday ingredients and made a real treat. While these might not be cranberry brie bites, they’re close enough in our book. Besides, I feel these crostini look at lot better than an unidentifiable cheese glob sitting in a puff pastry cup.
Now, you might feel otherwise and you’re free to do so. But, I would like to offer this thought. Melted, cold cheese is not the most appealing texture to put in your mouth. But, I digress.
How to make a cranberry brie crostini:
First, remove the brie from your fridge and cut away the rind. Let it soften at room temperature.
Next, slice and toast 10-12 pieces of the baguette in a 350°F oven for 4-6 minutes.
Then, place the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Afterward, add in the dried cranberries, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
Stir everything together. After that, spread 1-2 tablespoons of the cranberry brie cheese across each baguette.
Last, serve the cranberry bites on a large platter with cocktails or wine of your choice.
That’s it, your cranberry brie crostini are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- For a more tart and savory version, use cranberries with no-added sugar.
- Now, if you would like to try a warm cranberry brie bite. Simply, heat the assembled crostini in the oven before serving. However, you may want to reduce the amount of cheese on each one to avoid a gooey mess.
- Personally, I recommend only preparing a few crostini at a time. That way, leftovers can be stored separately.
Don’t forget to check out our Cranberry Brie Crostini web story!
- 8 Ounces Brie Cheese, rind removed and softened
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Ounces French Baguette, cut into ¼ inch thick slices (9 to 12 slices)
- Lightly toast the slices of bread if desired, then set aside.
- Place the brie, cranberries, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread 1 - 2 tablespoons of the brie mixture over each slice of bread. The amount will vary depending on the size of the bread slice. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, the bread will soften, and liquid will begin to form around the cranberries.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 cranberry brie bites. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 15g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.