Make use of those summertime gardens with this flavorful Tomato Salad with Feta. Fresh, juicy, baby heirloom tomatoes are tossed together with salty crumbles of feta cheese, freshly chopped parsley and basil, all drizzled over with a refreshing white wine vinaigrette dressing. A wonderful side dish or a unique option for your next potluck!
Tomato Salad is a great side dish to pair with our flavorful Shrimp Orzo. Or use it to complement our juicy Italian Marinated Grilled Chicken and another some side favorite, our Grilled Squash!
Tomato Salad with Feta
Move over potato salad, because summer has a new star: the Tomato Salad with Feta! Fresh, earthy, and light, this salad uses fresh tomatoes and herbs tossed with salty feta cheese in a white wine vinaigrette. It’s the perfect salad for those who may not be fans of all the mayonnaise and ranch drenched potluck staples that are so common during the warmer months.
We also love how customizable this salad is! You can add different types of tomatoes, add more veggies and greens like red onion and cucumbers, switch the feta for mozzarella or even switch the vinaigrette to a red wine vinaigrette or even balsamic!
This salad is a great way to let those peak seasoned tomatoes shine whether they’re from the market or your own backyard! This salad is so quick and easy to make and it’s the ultimate simple recipe. Sometimes the best dishes are the ones that use the least amount of fancy steps and focus on the flavors. This light dish will surely impress everyone at the table.
How To Make Tomato Salad with Feta
- In a large bowl, combine the halved heirloom tomatoes, cubed feta cheese, freshly chopped basil and parsley, a dash of salt and pepper, and the white wine vinaigrette. Stir to toss everything together.
- Refrigerate the tomato salad for at least an hour before serving. This really allows the flavors to marry together and for the vinaigrette to seep into everything. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tomato Salad Tips and Variations
- This salad relies on using ripe tomatoes. That’s the real key to great flavor.
- To change up the flavors, swap out the feta cheese for fresh mozzarella pearls and add in sliced red onion.
- Feel free to try cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or a mixture of tomatoes to play with shapes, textures, colors, and taste.
- You could add chunks of ham or grilled chicken for protein.
- If you want to add some green to your salad try slicing up some cucumber or avocado, adding in some arugula or spinach.
- A balsamic glaze drizzled over top will add a touch of sweetness.
Storage: Store any leftover tomato salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can absolutely make this salad a couple days in advance if bringing it to a party. We suggest adding the vinaigrette the day of so the salad doesn’t get too soaked before serving.
Tomato Salad with FetaPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 16 ounces baby heirloom tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces block-style feta cheese cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons basil freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley freshly chopped
- ¼ – ½ cup white wine vinaigrette or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine.16 ounces baby heirloom tomatoes8 ounces block-style feta cheese2 tablespoons basil2 tablespoons parsley¼ – ½ cup white wine vinaigretteSalt and pepper
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve chilled.