Our Tomato Avocado Salad is a family favorite with plenty of fresh cherry tomatoes, ripe avocado, and salty Feta cheese. Toss it in a lemon dressing, and you have a quick side dish all in about 15 minutes!
We eat salads year round but even more so during the Spring and Summer. I’m partial to non-conventional salads (the kinds without lettuce and all the traditional toppings). A few of my favorites are this Greek Orzo Salad, Lemon Couscous Salad, Caprese Salad, and Cranberry Chicken Salad.
Tomato Avocado Feta Salad
This tomato avocado salad couldn’t be any easier or more delicious! It only takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. You could cut down on that time if you wanted to toss the tomatoes in whole. However you decide to make it, this salad is simple and it’s a huge hit!
My family loves the fresh flavors and the light lemon dressing. Sometimes we’ll add the feta cheese and other times we go for the balsamic glaze. You could even add both if want. There are so many different ways to mix this salad up with different ingredients and dressings that it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
How to Make Tomato Avocado Salad:
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate large bowl, add the tomatoes, avocados, onions, and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top, and drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Tomatoes: We like cherry or grape tomatoes for this recipe, but use your favorite variety. Be sure to cut them roughly the same size as the avocados. If the tomatoes have a lot of seeds, consider removing those to keep the salad from being too watery.
- Avocados: Choose avocados that are ripe but firm. If the avocados are overripe, they’ll mash as you stir the salad. I like to cut up the avocados last, so they don’t turn brown. You can even toss them in a little lemon or lime juice to keep them nice and vibrant.
- Feta: The feta cheese gives the salad a nice saltiness, so go light on the salt if you use the feta. More salt can always be added later.
- Balsamic Glaze: The balsamic glaze is optional, but it gives a wonderful flavor to the salad. It’s slightly sweet which is a nice contrast to the salty, tangy flavor of the other ingredients.
- Add-Ins: There are tons of different add-in options for this salad. Try tossing in some bell peppers, cucumbers, fresh corn, dill, cilantro, basil, or swap the lemon olive oil dressing with a balsamic dressing or even a white wine vinaigrette.
Room Temperature: Tomato avocado salad should not be stored at room temperature.
Refrigerator: This salad should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and leftovers discarded after 3 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 large avocados, diced
- ¼ cup purple onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese, or more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocados, onion, and parsley. Pour the lemon and olive oil mixture over the vegetables and lightly toss. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, and drizzle with balsamic glaze if using.
- Serve immediately, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of ½ cup of salad. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.