Roasted Potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft in the center, and only take a few ingredients to make. The potatoes go from prep to table in less than an hour.
I’m a firm believer that a good potato recipe can be a meal all it’s own.
These roasted potatoes are no different. They’re perfectly seasoned with the right amount of garlic powder and paprika, a touch of dried herbs, and just enough salt and pepper to pull the flavors together.
This is one of my favorite side dishes to make. On occasion, I’ll even make a different variation for breakfast called home fries.
The moral of the story is whenever I can make potatoes, I do! Here’s how I make our roasted potatoes recipe.
After washing and drying the potatoes, cut them into bite-sized pieces. Make sure they’re all the same size, so they cook evenly.
Spread the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven to bake. I like to bake ours on 425 for 40 minutes. If the potatoes are on the larger size, I’ll flip them about halfway through the cook time.
Otherwise, they may not need to be flipped. The potatoes will turn golden brown and bubble slightly on the outside when they’ve finished roasting.
Tips for Making Easy Roasted Potatoes
- Use an oil that can handle a high heat (smoke point). Otherwise, the oil will burn and leave a burnt residue on the potatoes.
- Use your favorite seasonings on the roasted potatoes. We like garlic powder, paprika, and a variety of dried herbs. It’s important to use flavors that your family likes, so mix things up!
- To help keep the potatoes from sticking to the pan, lightly spray the pan with cooking spray. It doesn’t take much, but it will keep the potatoes from peeling apart when it’s time to take them off the pan.
Pair these roasted potatoes with your favorite steak, omelette, piece of fish, or a breakfast scramble.
Don’t forget to check out our Easy Roasted Potatoes web story!
- 2 Pounds Yellow or Russet Potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, etc.)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into bite-sized (1-inch) pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato pieces, oil, dried herbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Arrange the potatoes on a large baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Flip halfway through if the potatoes begin to brown quickly.
*Please see details within post for additional information regarding the recipe, tips, and possible recipe pairing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: .25 Pounds
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 49gNet Carbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving may be somewhat lower than indicated.