Homemade Taco Seasoning is so easy and full of flavor, you’ll never want to buy those little packets from the store ever again! Save yourself time and money by using staples that are already in your pantry to create the perfect blend of spices. Make an extra large batch and never run out on Taco Tuesday again!
Taco Seasoning Tips and Variations
- Any of these seasonings can be adjusted to your taste. Feel free to use more or less of any of them or eliminate some altogether.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to make a larger batch.
- Add more chili powder for more heat.
- Store bought taco seasoning packets are typically about 2-3 tablespoons of seasoning so this homemade batch will last you a few meals.
- Add a touch of water to your meat when using this seasoning so the meat stays moist while cooking.
Storage: Store this homemade taco seasoning in a jar or airtight container in your pantry for up to 6 months.
More Ways To Use This Homemade Taco Seasoning
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl.1 tablespoon chili powder1 tablespoon garlic powder1 tablespoon onion powder1 tablespoon salt2 teaspoons smoked paprika2 teaspoons dried oregano1 ½ teaspoons cumin1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use 2-3 tablespoons of seasoning per 1 pound of ground beef.
- Keep any leftover seasoning in a sealed container for up to 6 months.