Baked Potato Seasoning is a fun way to customize your potatoes! This recipe is a 3 in 1 with a recipe for Elote Seasoning, a blend of cheesy spicy goodness, an Herb Seasoning with savory thyme, rosemary, and parmesan flavors, and of course a Traditional Seasoning packed with garlic, onion, and smoky paprika. Sprinkle any one of these amazing seasoning blends on your next baked potato for a mouthwatering experience!
Baked Potato Seasoning
Move over loaded baked potatoes. Who needs chives and sour cream? Cheese and broccoli, been there. It’s time for some new combinations to hit the shelves! We’re getting creative and mixing up our own Baked Potato Seasoning blends to add fun flavors to our favorite dinner time staple.
We’re sharing three today, but there’s a whole spice aisle full of potential combinations. Feel free to experiment, but these three are some of our favorite tried and true blends.
Elote Seasoning invokes the flavors used in Elote Corn, or Mexican Street Corn. Cumin and coriander are blended with spicy chipotle and chili powders to add heat. A dash of sugar and some grated parmesan cheese complete this blend for a spicy and cheesy mix that adds a kick to your baked potato.
Herb Seasoning takes savory, earthy flavors like thyme and rosemary, and adds a dash of salt and parmesan cheese to create a wonderful blend. Add some butter and sprinkle generously!
Traditional Seasoning uses everyone’s favorite staple pantry combination of garlic, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. However, we shake things up a bit by adding in a smokey paprika to really bring some depth to the flavors.
How To Make Baked Potato Seasoning
The steps for each seasoning blend are all the same and are so simple to make!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix Thoroughly.
- Store in a jar or airtight container (more on how to specifically store each one below) and sprinkle over your baked potato to add extra flavor.
Tips and Variations
- The parmesan cheese used is out of the container rather than freshly grated. This ensures longevity to the seasoning blends that fresh cheese won’t hold up in.
- Any of these seasoning blends can be customized to your tastes. Add more of one ingredient, less of another, or skip and substitute spices all together. It’s all up to your unique tastes.
- You don’t have to limit these seasoning blends to just baked potatoes, you can use them for other types of potatoes, on chicken, or add them to your favorite roasted or sauteed veggies for extra flavor!
- These are great to make larger batches of to keep on hand to use for various recipes. They stay fresh for months and are made in under five minutes, it’s an easy way to dress up a dish!
Storage: The Elote and Herb seasoning blends should be stored in jars or airtight containers in the fridge because of the parmesan cheese. The Traditional blend can be stored at room temperature in your pantry or spice drawer. All blends will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½-2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons regular or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Place the ingredients for one of the seasoning blends (Elote, Traditional, or Herb) in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Sprinkle on baked potatoes for extra flavor.
- Store the Elote and Herb seasonings in the refrigerator and the Traditional at room temperature. The seasoning blends will stay fresh for about 6 months.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 teaspoons. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Photos courtesy of Karla Rae Photography.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2 teaspoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.