Pasta noodles, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes tossed into a baking dish makes this Tik Tok Feta Pasta a simple and flavorful dinner recipe. Serve with fresh basil and crumbled feta for the ultimate pasta dish.
You can't go wrong with a great pasta recipe that's packed with fresh flavors, and this Tik Tok feta pasta doesn't disappoint. Some of our other favorite pasta recipes are roasted garlic and olive oil spaghetti, creamy mushroom broccoli pasta, and rigatoni caprese pasta.
Tik Tok Feta Pasta Recipe:
Pasta is a dish that is so versatile and so comforting. The noodle and sauce varieties, cheese flavors, and add-in options are endless. What's not to love?
Which brings me to this amazing feta pasta recipe. You may have seen a similar recipe thanks to the viral post on Tik Tok. The blog Liemessa created the original Tik Tok Feta Pasta recipe and, since that time, there have been many recreations of the original.
Our feta pasta is bursting with fresh tomato flavor and has the perfect balance of savory and salty flavors. It's light, flavorful, and so delicious! This will be a family favorite in no time.
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Use a small bowl to combine the olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Then, set aside.
- Place a block of feta cheese in the center of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, and scatter the tomatoes around the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese turns light brown in color and the tomatoes begin to shrivel and burst.
- Remove the pasta from the oven, and stir the ingredients together. Smash the tomatoes as you stir.
- Add cooked pasta to the cheese and tomatoes, and stir to combine.
Feta Pasta Tips and Variations:
- We prefer a short noodle for baked feta pasta. Penne, rigatoni, ziti, rotini, cavatappi, or mostaccioli are great options.
- Cherry tomatoes yield an amazing flavor and hold up well to baking, so we love to use that variety in baked feta pasta. San marzano tomatoes would be another option to try. They have a fantastic flavor and cook nicely. Small tomatoes on the vine would also work well. Fresh tomatoes are going to work best in this recipe and provide the optimum flavor.
- Block feta cheese is the way to go here. Crumbled feta is not going to yield the same result, because it's not going to melt the same as the block version and has a saltier flavor.
- Add some extra crumbled feta and fresh basil on top of the finished pasta just before serving. Some diced tomatoes would also be a great touch.
- Hang onto about ¼ cup of pasta water. If the finished pasta seems a little dry, add some of the pasta water to loosen it up.
- Toss in some bite-sized asparagus, brussel sprouts, or your other favorite hearty vegetables and bake them along with the cheese and tomatoes. After the pasta cooks, stir in some leftover chicken (rotisserie chicken is great!) to add some protein to the baked feta pasta.
Room Temperature: This pasta dish should not be stored at room temperature.
Refrigerator: Baked feta pasta should be stored in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this pasta.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) block-style feta cheese
- 40 ounce(s) cherry tomatoes, 2 (20 ounce) containers
- 8 ounce(s) short pasta noodles, cooked
- You'll need cooked pasta noodles for this recipe along with ¼ cup of reserved pasta water. To save time, the pasta can be cooked while the cheese and tomatoes are baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.¼ cup olive oil2 garlic cloves1 tsp. Italian herbs½ tsp. kosher salt½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the block of feta cheese in the center of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Scatter the tomatoes around the cheese. Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the cheese and tomatoes.8 ounce(s) block-style feta cheese40 ounce(s) cherry tomatoes
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese starts to turn a light, golden color and the tomatoes begin to pop.
- Remove from the oven, and stir the cheese and tomatoes together. Smash the tomatoes as you stir.
- Add the cooked pasta noodles, and stir to combine. If the pasta mixture is dry, pour in a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen the noodles and sauce.8 ounce(s) short pasta noodles
- Serve hot with extra feta crumbles and fresh basil. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.