*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy mushroom pesto pasta is made with basil pesto, baby bella mushrooms, onions, and heavy cream. Quick, easy, and made in one-pot in about 20 minutes.
Who doesn’t love a one-pot meal? They are easy to prepare, and even easier to clean up.
We love a good one-pot pasta dinner like garlic parmesan pasta. Just dump everything in, and let it cook. Dinner is done in no time.
We decided to do the same with this mushroom pesto pasta. Everything goes in the pan together.
All the water, mushrooms, pesto, cream cheese, noodles, garlic, everything. Cook it all at the same time, and it makes an amazing, creamy pesto pasta full of garlic and earthy mushrooms. Pure perfection!
How to make mushroom pesto pasta:
This dish couldn’t be simpler, but it does take a little babysitting. Grab a large saucepan or soup pot (something with plenty of room for the noodles).
Add linguine, mushrooms, water, cream cheese, pesto, heavy cream, and garlic. Bring the liquid to boil while stirring the ingredients, then reduce to a low boil.
Use tongs to stir the noodles and keep them separated; otherwise, they’ll start to stick together as they begin to cook.
Continue to cook at a low boil for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring frequently. If the noodles reach the desired consistency sooner, remove the pan from heat.
There will still be quite a bit of sauce in the pan, but some of that will be soaked up by the noodles as the pasta cools. Taste the pasta, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot!
Mushroom Pesto Pasta Tips:
- Use your favorite pesto. Either jarred or fresh will work. We chose basil pesto for this recipe, but spinach or arugula would also taste great.
- Add salt and pepper after the pasta is finished. Pesto can be quite salty, so taste the finished dish, then add salt if needed.
- Break the noodles in half, so they fit in the pan easier. You can also use pan-ready or short, tube-shaped noodles.
- Use low-sodium broth in place of water for a richer flavor, just be careful of the overall sodium amount.
- Use your favorite mushrooms or a variety of mushrooms. We chose baby bellas, but any variety you like will work great.
Other delicious mushroom recipes:
- Easy Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Chicken Mushroom Broccoli Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- Creamy Spinach Mushroom Tortellini
- Fresh Herb Mushroom Toast
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Meat and Potatoes and our sister site, Berly’s Kitchen.
- 16 Ounces Linguine
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 Cups Water
- 4 Ounces Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Basil Pesto
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced or pressed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place linguine, mushrooms, water, cream cheese (or mascarpone), pesto, heavy cream, and garlic in a large pan or skillet with high sides.
- Bring the water to a boil while stirring the ingredients. Make sure to separate the pasta to prevent sticking. Reduce to a low boil and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Stir occasionally.
- After the pasta cooks, remove from heat, taste and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil if desired.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 cups of pasta. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*Recipe inspired by TheKitchn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.