This creamy mushroom pesto pasta is made with basil pesto, baby bella mushrooms, onions, and heavy cream. Quick, easy, and made in one-pot in about 20 minutes.
Who doesn’t love a one-pot meal? They are easy to prepare, and even easier to clean up.
We love a good one-pot pasta dinner like garlic parmesan pasta. Just dump everything in, and let it cook. Dinner is done in no time.
We decided to do the same with this mushroom pesto pasta. Everything goes in the pan together.
All the water, mushrooms, pesto, cream cheese, noodles, garlic, everything. Cook it all at the same time, and it makes an amazing, creamy pesto pasta full of garlic and earthy mushrooms. Pure perfection!
How to make mushroom pesto pasta:
- This dish couldn’t be simpler, but it does take a little babysitting. Grab a large saucepan or soup pot (something with plenty of room for the noodles).
- Add linguine, mushrooms, water, cream cheese, pesto, heavy cream, and garlic. Bring the liquid to boil while stirring the ingredients, then reduce to a low boil.
- Use tongs to stir the noodles and keep them separated; otherwise, they’ll start to stick together as they begin to cook.
- Continue to cook at a low boil for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring frequently. If the noodles reach the desired consistency sooner, remove the pan from heat.
- There will still be quite a bit of sauce in the pan, but some of that will be soaked up by the noodles as the pasta cools. Taste the pasta, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot!
Mushroom Pesto Pasta Tips:
- Use your favorite pesto. Either jarred or fresh will work. We chose basil pesto for this recipe, but spinach or arugula would also taste great.
- Add salt and pepper after the pasta is finished. Pesto can be quite salty, so taste the finished dish, then add salt if needed.
- Break the noodles in half, so they fit in the pan easier. You can also use pan-ready or short, tube-shaped noodles.
- Use low-sodium broth in place of water for a richer flavor, just be careful of the overall sodium amount.
- Use your favorite mushrooms or a variety of mushrooms. We chose baby bellas, but any variety you like will work great.
One-Pot Mushroom Pesto PastaPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 16 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups water
- 4 ounces mascarpone cream cheese
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place linguine, mushrooms, water, cream cheese (or mascarpone), pesto, heavy cream, and garlic in a large pan or skillet with high sides.16 ounces linguine8 ounces mushrooms5 cups water4 ounces mascarpone½ cup basil pesto½ cup heavy cream4 garlic cloves
- Bring the water to a boil while stirring the ingredients. Make sure to separate the pasta to prevent sticking. Reduce to a low boil and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Stir occasionally.
- After the pasta cooks, remove from heat, taste and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil if desired.Salt and pepper