This Bacon Bleu Cheese Frittata uses fresh vegetables, crispy bacon, crumbly bleu cheese, and a fluffy egg mixture to create a one of a kind breakfast or brunch dish. Fluffy, crispy, flavorful, this dish is surprisingly simple to make. Cook up the bacon, tomatoes, and onions, pour in the eggs, and pop in the oven! Impress your guests for breakfast or dinner with this delicious frittata!
For a hearty breakfast, pair this Bacon Bleu Cheese Frittata with our blueberry Baked Oatmeal. For something smaller on the side try our warm Buttermilk Biscuits, Coconut Muffins, Skillet Potatoes, or an energizing Coffee Smoothie to start your day!
Bacon Bleu Cheese Frittata
Frittatas are one of those quintessential breakfast recipes that seem so much more intimidating than they are. You just toss everything in and bake! Deceptively easy, this Bacon Bleu Cheese Frittata is packed full of flavor.
Crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, and salty bleu cheese pair perfectly with the fluffy egg mixture that envelopes the dish. Break this out for brunch or an easy Sunday morning with the family.
How To Make A Bacon Bleu Cheese Frittata
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to combine. Set this mixture aside.
- Now in a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or similar pan you have on hand), cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside to cool, do not drain the bacon grease. Once cooled enough to handle, crumble the strips into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, still on medium heat, cook the sliced onion in the leftover bacon fat until caramelized. About 10 minutes or so. Once caramelized, add in the halved grape tomatoes and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the egg mixture, bacon crumbles, and bleu cheese crumbles to the tomatoes and onions in the pan. Mix to combine.
- Bake the frittata for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations:
- To add in more veggies to this frittata, toss in some spinach, asparagus, or mushrooms (or all 3).
- If you’re afraid of flipping the frittata onto a serving plate, you can use the broiler for a minute or 2 to firm up the top of the dish (this is why using a cast iron pan is best).
- Depending on your oven, your frittata may cook faster. Begin checking around the 30-35 minute mark so it doesn’t overcook.
- Add some red pepper flakes for spice.
- The great thing about frittatas like this one is that you can easily swap out ingredients for whatever you have on hand. No bacon? Try leftover ham. Bleu cheese gone bad? Swap for cheddar or gouda.
Storage: If making a batch for brunch or a leisurely breakfast, this frittata can be left at room temperature for up to 2 hours. It can then be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheating: For leftovers, reheat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds or until warmed through.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 9 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon(s) ground black pepper, freshly cracked
- 5 slices bacon, uncooked, diced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup(s) bleu cheese crumbles
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.9 large eggs1 ½ cup(s) heavy cream1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt½ teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and aside. When the bacon is cool enough to handle, crumber in small pieces.5 slices bacon
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in the bacon fat until caramelized, about 10 minutes. After the onions caramelize, add the grape tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.1 white onion1 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- Add the egg mixture, bacon crumbles, and blue cheese crumbles to the pan, and mix to combine.1 cup(s) bleu cheese crumbles
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and let stand for 2-4 minutes. Then, top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.Fresh parsley
- See post for storage options.