A sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe made with marinated chicken breasts and fresh vegetables. It’s a one-pan meal loaded with flavor!
In keeping with the theme of simple and wholesome, today we’re sharing another delicious dinner idea.
It’s our sheet pan chicken and veggies dish. Kim created a quick marinade to flavor the meat and vegetables.
Then roasted everything in the oven on one sheet pan. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Best of the all, the recipe still uses whole ingredients like carrots, potatoes, and broccoli.
In short, this is a balanced, flavorful dinner that you can create in less than 90-minutes.
If you’d prefer something with a shorter cook time that doesn’t require a marinade, try this chicken green beans and potatoes recipe. It has similar ingredients and is just as tasty!
How to make sheet pan chicken and veggies?
First, for our recipe, you need to make the marinade. Grab a small mixing bowl and a whisk.
In the bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Next, go ahead and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Afterward, dice the chicken and chop the vegetables. Transfer the meat and veggies to a large zip-top bag.
Now, carefully add the marinade to the bag and seal it. Massage the marinade into the ingredients.
Afterward, place the sealed bag into your fridge to marinate for at least 30-minutes.
When the 30-minutes have passed, remove the bag from your fridge.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to the lined sheet pan. Be sure to discard the leftover marinade.
Last, place the pan into the oven to roast for 45-minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and chicken is fully cooked.
That’s it, remove it from the oven and serve. Kim and I hope you enjoy this simple dinner and wish you all the best 🙂
- When marinating the ingredients, I recommend placing the zip-top bag into a large mixing bowl. Just in case it leaks. That’s a mess you don’t want inside your refrigerator.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use non-stick cooking spray to grease the pan.
- Flipping the chicken and veggies halfway through the cooking process is not needed. However, if you feel the urge to do so, it won’t hurt anything.
Sheet Pan Chicken and VeggiesPrint Pin SaveSaved!
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
Lemon Garlic Marinade:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves - minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound chicken breasts - cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 pound baby gold potatoes - quartered
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.½ cup olive oil½ cup lemon juice3 garlic cloves½ teaspoon oregano½ teaspoon thyme1 teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts, potatoes, broccoli, and carrots into a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Pour the marinade into the bag, and zip the bag shut. Use your hands to distribute the marinade evenly into the chicken and vegetables. Transfer the bag to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.1 pound chicken breasts1 pound baby gold potatoes3 cups broccoli florets1/2 pound baby carrots
- After the chicken and vegetables marinate, pour them onto the prepared baking sheet and discard the excess marinade.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.