This Vegetarian Taco Board is just like a charcuterie board, but with all the delicious Tex-Mex flavors you love! It's perfect for a party or a quick weeknight meal where everyone can join in on the fun and make their own custom vegetarian tacos!
Move over charcuterie board, and make way for this vegetarian taco board! This taco snack plate has all of the delicious flavors of a traditional Tex-Mex feast but without the meat! It's a great way to satisfy everyone and who doesn't love the endless possibilities when it comes to taco toppings!
This taco board is loaded with all of your favorite toppings, like fresh mango pineapple salsa, sliced avocados and jalapenos, cotija cheese, and more!
Once you make your vegetarian taco filling, you'll simply add it to a large decorative cutting board in the center. Fill small bowls with the toppings and place them around the filling along with tortillas and you've got a full and flavorful Mexican-inspired meal.
This taco board is a perfect way to feed a large group or family because everyone can customize their own tacos however they like.
How To Make A Vegetarian Taco Board
- Using our tried and true recipes, prepare the taco filling and mango salsa. Add the filling into a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the sour cream, cotija cheese, mango salsa, and habanero salsa into small bowls.
- Arrange the yellow corn tortillas on the 18x12-inch wooden board in a decorative pattern.
- Add the warm vegetarian taco filling into a bowl. Place the bowl of filling into the center of the board in the middle of the arranged tortillas.
- Around the tortillas, add the bowls of sour cream, cotija cheese, mango salsa, and habanero salsa to the board leaving space for additional toppings.
- Once the bowls, tortillas, and filling are arranged, Add the shredded red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, avocados, jalapenos, lime wedges, and cilantro by tucking them into all the negative spaces on the board. Serve with a bowl of your favorite tortilla chips! Enjoy!
Taco Board Tips
- Prepare all of your fresh ingredients as close to serving time as possible to ensure the best presentation and freshness.
- Feel free to use your favorite wooden board. If you don’t have a wooden or cutting board available you could also use a large baking sheet or tray for your taco board.
- While you're preparing the toppings, make sure your taco filling is kept warm in a pan. You can also make it ahead of time and warm it up in a skillet or in the microwave when ready.
- Not vegetarian? Make the taco filling out of your favorite ground meat such as beef, chicken, turkey, or pork.
- For an extra bit of sweetness, drizzle some honey on top of the mango salsa.
- Instead of Cotija, you may use Oaxaca, Colby, Jack, Cheddar, Feta, Queso Fresco, or other flavorful cheese you have on hand.
- Instead of red cabbage, feel free to use white cabbage or a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw mix.
- Try serving the tacos with a side of refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, or lentils for a filling meal.
Other taco topping ideas:
- Pico de gallo.
- Chimichurri sauce.
- Pickled onions.
- Shredded lettuce.
- Caramelized onions.
- Hot Sauce.
- Sliced pineapple.
Taco Board Storage and Freezing
Storing: This taco board is best served immediately, but all of the items on the board can be placed in separate air-tight containers and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing: Since all of the ingredients have varying shapes and textures, freezing is not recommended as most of the ingredients will lose their structure when frozen, then thawed.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- Vegetarian taco filling
- Mango pineapple salsa
- sour cream
- cotija cheese
- Habanero salsa
- Yellow corn tortillas
- Red cabbage, shredded
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- avocado, sliced
- Fresh jalapenos, sliced
- Fresh limes, wedges
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Prepare the taco filling and mango salsa.Vegetarian taco fillingMango pineapple salsa
- Place the sour cream, cotija cheese, mango salsa, and habanero salsa into small bowls.sour creamcotija cheeseHabanero salsa
- Arrange the yellow corn tortillas on the 18x12-inch wooden board in a decorative pattern.Yellow corn tortillas
- Once you have arranged the corn tortillas, place the bowl of taco filling in the center.
- Add the bowls of sour cream, cotija cheese, mango salsa, and habanero salsa to the board leaving space for additional toppings.
- Arrange the shredded red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, avocados, jalapenos, lime wedges and cilantro by tucking them into all the negative spaces on the board.Red cabbageCherry TomatoesavocadoFresh jalapenosFresh limesFresh cilantro
- Serve with a bowl of your favorite tortilla chips! Enjoy!Your favorite tortilla chips