*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts recipe features tender asparagus and sprouts tossed with bacon and topped with a balsamic glaze.
Here we have it, a recipe that combines two vegetables I love! When properly cooked these veggies have a ton of flavor.
What makes her dish so special you ask? Well, simply put, crispy bacon and a tart and sweet balsamic glaze.
When all these flavors come together, they create a delicious side dish that’s sure to please!
All in all, the dish takes about 30-minutes to prepare from start to finish.
Just enough time to create a main dish like blackened Mahi-Mahi to serve along the vegetables.
So, shall we get cooking?
How to make roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts?
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. and line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
After that, prepare the bacon in a large skillet. Cook the pork until it’s crispy, then drain the excess fat.
Chop or crumble the bacon into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
Next, wash and dry the sprouts and asparagus. Peel the sprouts and cut them into equal sized halves.
Trim away the bottom quarter of the asparagus stalks, as they’re inedible. Cut the reaming stalks into 1.5-inch pieces.
Now, grab a large mixing bowl and toss the vegetables with avocado oil and sea salt.
Then, transfer the asparagus and brussel sprouts to the sheet pan and spread them out evenly.
Place the veggies into the oven to roast for about 15-20 minutes. Remove them from the oven.
Last, toss the roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts with the bacon and cranberries. Drizzle everything with a balsamic glaze and serve.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Oh, if you have any leftovers, store them in a sealed container, in your fridge for up to 3-days.
- It’s important to cut the asparagus into larger pieces than the sprouts. Brussel sprouts generally take longer to cook. So, if you were to cut the asparagus into small pieces, it would be overcooked by the time the sprouts were done.
- I recommend using a high-quality store bought balsamic glaze for this dish. However, if you want to avoid any excess sugars, you can use balsamic vinegar instead.
- The cook time may vary depending on how, “done,” you like your vegetables. In fact, Kim and I usually roast our veggies for about 15 minutes. A shorter cook time results in vegetables that might be too tough to chew for someone with dentures.
Don’t forget to check out our Roasted Asparagus and Brussel Sprouts web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Meat and Potatoes and our sister site, Berly’s Kitchen.
- 4 Slices Bacon, cooked to desired crispness
- 1 Pound Brussel Sprouts, ends trimmed and halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 Pound Asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Prepare the bacon, and crumble into pieces. Alternatively, precooked bacon or bacon bits will also work in a pinch.
In a large bowl, combine the brussel sprouts, asparagus, avocado oil, and sea salt.Toss to combine. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast for 15 to 20 or until the asparagus and brussel sprouts reach the desired consistency.
Remove from the oven, then add the cranberries and bacon. Stir to combine. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, and serve hot.
This dish is best served immediately. However, if there are leftovers, we recommend storing them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of about 1/2-cup of the roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.