Peppermint Brownie Muffins are the BEST Christmas treats! Fudgy homemade brownies are baked to perfection in muffin tins and filled with white chocolate peppermint truffles. If you’re a peppermint and chocolate fan, this is going to be your new favorite recipe.
Peppermint Brownie Muffins
You’ll be dreaming about these peppermint brownies in July, I promise. Once you try them, they live in your brain 24/7! After all, what’s not to love about perfectly baked homemade brownies that are filled with peppermint white chocolate truffles?
If you really want them to be pretty, sprinkle a little bit of crushed candy canes right on top for that final festive touch. Bring these with you to your next holiday party and watch them disappear!
How to Make Peppermint Brownie Muffins
- Prepare a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-20 second intervals. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and cornstarch.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin wells.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven. Place one unwrapped truffle in the center of each hot brownie. Press them each bown a little more than halfway.
- Let the brownies cool until they’re sturdy enough to be removed from the pan. Sprinkle with candy canes.
Tips for the Best Peppermint Brownie Muffins
- You can use any brand of truffles you’d like. Our favorite for this recipe is the Lindt brand.
- Don’t over-mix your batter! Stir everything together until just combined. If you stir the batter too much, your brownies won’t bake to the best consistency.
- Make sure to put the truffles in the centers of the brownie muffins while they’re still hot!
Peppermint Brownie Muffins store well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Where can I buy crushed candy canes?
While some places do sell crushed candy canes, you may be out of luck at your local grocery store. No worries!
Just do what I always do and grab a box of regular candy canes. Unwrap them, toss them in a plastic bag, and crush them by pounding away with a rolling pin.
Can I make these even mintier?
Craving even more festive peppermint flavor? Add a 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract to your brownie batter! Just be careful, because peppermint extract is potent and a little goes a long way.
Can I use boxed brownie mix?
Yes, as long as you have plenty of truffles for the amount of brownie muffins. The boxed brownie mix may yield more muffins than making them from our homemade recipe.
You’ll also want to use the ingredients listed on the box instead of the amount of eggs, butter, vanilla, etc. listed in our recipe.
Peppermint Brownie MuffinsPrint Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 12 white chocolate peppermint truffle candies, We used Lindt brand.
- ¼ cup candy canes, crushed, optional garnish
- Prepare a regular sized muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F. You can use a 12 count pan or two 6 count pans.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate chips. Heat in 15 to 20 second intervals until melted, stirring well between each interval.¾ cup unsalted butter⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt and stir until combined.1 cup granulated sugar2 large eggs1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract½ tsp. kosher salt
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and cornstarch and mix just until no dry patches remain.¾ cup all-purpose flour⅔ cup cocoa powder1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Scoop the batter into the muffin wells, filling each about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. While the brownies bake, unwrap the truffles and set aside.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and place one truffle in the center of each brownie while they are still hot. Gently press a truffle into the center of each brownie a little more than halfway.12 white chocolate peppermint truffle candies
- Let the brownies cool until they feel sturdy enough to remove from the pan. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes and serve.¼ cup candy canes
- See post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.