Celebrate Valentine's Day with Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats! Enjoy soft and gooey marshmallow treats cut into adorable heart shapes - perfect for sharing this special day with loved ones.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 ounce(s) miniature marshmallows, divided
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup white candy melts, or baking chips; optional
- ¼ cup Valentine sprinkles, optional
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan with butter or cooking spray then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Set 1 cup of marshmallows aside, and place the remaining marshmallows, vanilla, and salt in the pan with butter. Stir constantly until the marshmallows melt.3 Tbsp. unsalted butter¼ tsp. kosher salt½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the cereal and remaining 1 cup of marshmallows. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and gently pat into place. Let the rice krispie treats cool for about 30 minutes.6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- While the treats cool, place the candy melts into a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat on half power in 15 to 20 seconds intervals, stirring between each interval.½ cup white candy melts
- After the rice krispie treats cool, use a 2 to 3-inch metal heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes from the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Drizzle with the melted candy the add the Valentine sprinkles. Cool before serving.¼ cup Valentine sprinkles
- Scroll up and see post for tips, FAQs, and storage information.