This Mediterranean Naan Bread Pizza is a flavor-packed appetizer, snack, or light meal that comes together in minutes. It’s made with fluffy naan bread piled high with briny olives, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, walnuts, and feta!
Mediterranean Naan Bread Pizza Recipe
If you are a fan of Greek food—aka olives, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, etc.—then you’re going to want to give this Greek flatbread recipe a try.
This naan bread pizza is a staple in our house because it’s so darn easy and so darn tasty! We love to keep the ingredients on hand so we can whip it up any time the craving hits.
This flatbread recipe can be enjoyed as an entree, side dish, or appetizer and can be easily customized to suit your tastes!
What is Greek Flatbread Made Of?
- Naan Bread - Any variety will work!
- Olive Oil - A drizzle of olive oil helps the herbs and toppings stick and adds a layer of flavor depth to the bread.
- Garlic - I recommend fresh garlic for the best flavor.
- Oregano - A sprinkle of dried oregano adds a delicious earthy flavor.
- Toppings - We’re using all of the classic Mediterranean toppings including walnuts, purple onion, kalamata and castelvetrano olives, sun dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, and feta cheese.
How to Make Naan Bread Pizza
This tasty naan bread pizza recipe is ready to go in under 20 minutes!
See the recipe card below for the ingredient amounts and full instructions.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top of each piece of naan bread, then layer on garlic, oregano, walnuts, onions, olives, tomatoes, bell peppers, and feta.
- Bake the pizza at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes, then slice and serve.
Tips and Variations
- Add balsamic drizzle. Add another layer of flavor with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or glaze right before serving.
- To save time, use sliced olives, pre-crumbled feta, pre-chopped walnuts, and pre-sliced tomatoes and peppers.
- Swap the cheese. For a slightly different flavor profile, try using goat cheese in place of the feta.
- Try other nuts. I love the flavor the walnuts add, but you could also use pine nuts, pecans, sliced almonds, or just skip the nuts entirely.
- Not a fan of sun dried tomatoes or roasted peppers? Simply omit them or swap them out for another ingredient that sounds good to you!
This Greek flatbread recipe is hearty enough to be served all on its own as an entree, but you can also serve it with a simple side dish, as a fancy naan bread appetizer at your next party, or as a more filling side dish option!
How to Store
Refrigerator: Baked Greek flatbreads can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. If you are using balsamic glaze, I recommend waiting to add it until just before serving. It will make the naan pizza soggy if it sits too long.
Reheating: To reheat leftovers, use a toaster oven or conventional oven on low heat. Allow the flatbread to warm for several minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, microwave for a few seconds.
Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing these flatbreads. The fresh ingredients won’t hold up when thawed.
Can You Use Bread to Make Pizza Crust?
You can absolutely use certain types of bread in place of pizza crust. And this Mediterranean naan pizza is the perfect example! The naan bread serves as the perfect base for all of the toppings.
Can’t find naan bread? Try pita bread or whip up a batch of homemade sourdough naan!
Is Naan Bread Similar to Pizza Dough?
Not quite. Pizza dough is made with a simpler list of ingredients that consists of flour, yeast, salt, and water. Classic naan bread, on the other hand, is made with a base of egg and yogurt, giving it a richer flavor and thicker, softer texture.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 2 pieces naan bread, any flavor
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, small in size, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup purple onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup castelvetrano olives, pitted and sliced
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- ⅓ cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place the naan bread on a large baking sheet.
- Rub a teaspoon of olive oil evenly over each piece of naan bread. Then add the garlic, oregano, chopped walnuts, and purple onions.2 pieces naan bread2 teaspoon(s) olive oil2 garlic cloves½ teaspoon(s) oregano1 ounce walnuts¼ cup purple onion
- Add the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, and feta.¼ cup kalamata olives¼ cup castelvetrano olives⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes⅓ cup roasted red bell peppers2 ounces feta cheese
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, just long enough to warm the ingredients.
- Slice and serve! See post for storage and reheating options.