Greek Flatbread is a flavor packed appetizer, snack, or light meal that comes together in minutes. Naan bread is piled high with plenty of briny olives, salty feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, and crunchy walnuts for this Greek-insipred dish.
If you are a fan of Greek food, olives, feta cheese, or all of the above, you’ve got to try this Greek Flatbread. It’s perfect as an appetizer for sharing, or have it as a meal. Better yet, pair it with some Garlic Dip, Roasted Red Pepper Dip, or Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus and make the ultimate snack tray!
Greek Flatbread Recipe
This Greek Flatbread recipe is a staple in our house. We always keep plenty of ingredients handy, so we can whip it up anytime a craving hits. Not only is it super simple to prepare, but it’s easy to swap out the ingredients and change things up from time to time.
Don’t let the calories be intimidating. Yes, they are a tad on the high side, but this flatbread is meant to be shared or enjoyed as a stand alone meal. It’s not meant to be eaten with a side of steak or a gigantic bowl of pasta. Think light, quick, and easy for this one!
How to Make Greek Flatbread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place two pieces of naan bread on a baking sheet.
- Rub a teaspoon of olive oil evenly over each piece of bread. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic, chopped walnuts, and purple onions.
- Next, add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Baked for 10-12 minutes, just long enough to warm the ingredients.
- Slice into fourths, and serve warm!
Tips and Variations:
- Can’t find naan bread? Try pita bread instead. Flavored naan and sourdough naan works great, too!
- Swap out the walnuts with pine nuts, almonds, pecans, or your other favorite tree nut.
- Try goat cheese in place of feta for a different flavor profile.
- We love kalamata and castelvetrano olives. Use your favorite varieties to change up the flavor.
- Not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red bell peppers? Omit them or swap them out with another ingredient.
- Try a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze just before serving.
- To save time, used sliced olives, crumbled feta, pre-chopped walnuts, and pre-sliced tomatoes and peppers.
Refrigerator: Greek flatbread stores well in the refrigerator for 1-2 days when kept in an airtight container. If using balsamic vinegar, add it just prior to serving.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing this flatbread. It’s best prepared fresh each time.
Reheating: The flatbread can be microwaved for a few seconds to warm the ingredients. A better option is to use a toaster oven or conventional oven on a lower heat. Allow the flatbread to warm for several minutes until heated through.
- 2 pieces of naan bread, any flavor
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup purple onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup castelvetrano olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- ⅓ cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place the naan bread on a large baking sheet.
- Rub a teaspoon of olive oil evenly over each piece of naan bread. Then add the garlic, oregano, chopped walnuts, and purple onions.
- Add the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, and feta.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, just long enough to warm the ingredients.
- Slice and serve! See post for storage and reheating options.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 piece of naan bread and ½ the toppings listed. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*The toppings listed are intended to be divided equally between the 2 pieces of naan bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 flatbread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 918mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 17g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.