It's hot outside and you need a cool treat! Made with simple ingredients and packed with tropical flavor, these Coconut Popsicles are perfect for a summer day.
When it comes to summer desserts, nothing says coconut flavor like a refreshing Tropical Fruit Salad, a cup of Coconut Sorbet, or even a popsicle. A popsicle is one of our favorite ways to enjoy this flavor and cool off on a hot day.
These coconut popsicles only require a few ingredients and are great for hot days. They set softer than traditional fruit juice style popsicles and have plenty of creamy coconut flavor. You'll want to make these frozen treats all summer long.
How to Make Coconut Popsicles:
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla yogurt, ground cashews, shredded coconut, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt into a large bowl. Mix until fully combined and evenly distributed.
- Pour the popsicle mixture into molds ensuring that each mold has equal amounts. Freeze for one hour to allow the popsicles to begin to set.
- Then, add the popsicle sticks, and let the popsicles freeze until solid. This will take about 3 hours or up to overnight.
- After the popsicles freeze solid, dip the molds into warm water just until the popsicles release, about 30 seconds. Remove and enjoy immediately!
Coconut Popsicle Tips and Variations
- Process the cashews in a food process or high powered blender to ensure they are finely ground.
- If you want to avoid sugar, you can leave it out entirely or substitute it with another sweetener like honey or agave nectar.
- For best results, use a silicone popsicle mold as they are easy to remove. You can also use plastic popsicle molds but it may be more difficult to remove the popsicles.
- These popsicles are soft set which means they melt quickly. If not enjoying right away, store them in a freezer-safe container with a lid.
- Use full-fat coconut milk for a richer popsicle or light coconut milk to cut down on calories.
Enjoy these coconut popsicles immediately after removing from the molds. Always store them in the freezer in a freezer-safe container or remove them from the molds one at a time. If stored properly, they will last for up to one month.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 13.5 ounces unsweetened coconut milk, (1 can)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup cashews, finely ground
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt, pinch
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, yogurt, cashews, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.13.5 ounces unsweetened coconut milk1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt⅓ cup cashews½ cup shredded coconut1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar1 tsp. ground cinnamon1 tsp. pure vanilla extractkosher salt
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds, and freeze for 1 hour.
- After one hour, take the popsicles out of the freezer and add the popsicles sticks.
- Place the popsicles back in the freezer for an additional 3 hours or overnight.
- Once the popsicles are completely frozen, dip the molds in warm water for a few seconds to release the popsicles. Enjoy immediately!