A festive favorite, pour up a Pumpkin Spice Latte full of earthy pumpkin, sweet vanilla, and warm spices for the caffeinated classic you crave – without the coffee shop price tag!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
No true Fall fanatic needs an announcement from Starbucks to know that it’s pumpkin spice season. Before the temps drop and the air crisps, we’re already in that sweater weather state of mind. This autumn, rather than wait half an hour in a drive-thru line that wraps twice around the parking lot, stir up your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home in just ten minutes!
No need to debate between tall and grande when you’re your own barista. Fill your favorite mug to the brim with this blend of freshly brewed coffee, a splash of milk, a scoop of smooth pumpkin puree, a swirl of sweetener and vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. A dollop of whipped cream and dash of cinnamon and nutmeg on top, and there you have it: pumpkin perfection.
So inexpensive, so easy, so seasonal. With this recipe, you’ll be curled up with a cozy Pumpkin Spice Latte faster than you can stuff the hems of your pajama pants into Ugg boots. Now, whip or no whip?
How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together the milk, sweetener, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice just until the mixture begins to steam and gently bubble. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Optional: Froth the milk mixture with an immersion blender in a container with tall sides.
- Divide the milk mixture between two mugs. Add the freshly brewed coffee to each.
- If desired, top with homemade whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice.
- Enjoy immediately!
Tips and Variations
- Take the extra step to froth! This method infuses air, creating the light, luscious mouthfeel we love most about cafe lattes.
- For a non-dairy version, use a milk alternative of your choice! We recommend oat milk: it’s the creamiest cow-free option by far and much more subtle in flavor than almond, soy, or coconut.
- Cutting back on sugar? Try using monk fruit or Stevia sweetener.
Storage and Reheating
Refrigerator: If your sipping gets interrupted, you can store a Pumpkin Spice Latte in the fridge tightly covered for up to 2 days.
Microwave: Setting the microwave to half power, quickly reheat your Pumpkin Spice Latte in a microwave-safe cup at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
- 1 ½ cups milk (any variety)
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice, adjust to taste (sugar, maple syrup, etc.)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee, or more to taste
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together the milk, sweetener, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice just until the milk begins to steam and tiny bubbles form. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Optional: Transfer the milk mixture to a container with tall sides and use an immersion blender to froth.
- Divide the milk between two coffee mugs. Add the freshly brewed coffee.
- If desired, add homemade whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice.
- Enjoy immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (10-ounce) drink. Actual calories will vary.
*The calories can vary greatly depending on the type of sweetner used.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 7g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.