A creamy, one-pot garlic Parmesan pasta prepared with whole ingredients like fresh garlic, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese.
However, even we need a quick meal from time to time. With that being said, it doesn’t mean we’re going to give up whole ingredients.
With that theme in mind, we’re sharing a one-pot garlic Parmesan pasta.
It’s quick, simple and done in about 30-minutes. Best of all, you don’t have to use a bunch of processed ingredients.
Additionally, if you’re vegan or vegetarian, take a look at the tips section for substitution ideas.
Now, let’s get down to business and make some garlic pasta!
How to make garlic Parmesan pasta in one pot?
First, place a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add 2-tablespoons of butter to the pan.
Once it melts, toss in 2-tablespoons of minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 45-seconds.
Next, pour in 2-cups of chicken broth, 1-cup of heavy cream, and 8-ounces of dry, short pasta (penne, rigatoni, etc.).
After that, stir the ingredients and bring them to a simmer. Let the pasta cook for about 20-minutes or until it’s done.
At this point, your liquid levels might be a low. Don’t be afraid to add 1/4-cup to 1/2-cup of extra heavy cream.
You need it to make the garlic Parmesan sauce to toss with the noodles.
Then, sprinkle in 1/2-cup of freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
Turn off the heat and stir the mixture until the cheese has melted.
Afterward, do a taste test and add salt and pepper to taste.
Last, transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh, chopped parsley.
That’s it, your garlic Parmesan pasta is done! We hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Tips and FAQ’s:
- Keep an eye on the pasta as it cooks. You may need to add more broth or cream (1/4-1/2 cup at a time) if it boils down too quickly.
- To make vegetarian garlic Parmesan pasta, substitute vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
- For a vegan version, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth, and use vegan butter, almond milk, and vegan Parmesan cheese in place of the butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan.
How can you spice up plain pasta?
Another option is to combine cooked pasta with melted butter, roasted garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Simply put, the options are endless, so use your imagination and combine savory flavors you already enjoy.
How long does this dish last?
Other pasta recipes you may enjoy:
- One-Pot Mushroom Pesto Pasta
- Sausage and Peppers Pasta
- Rigatoni Caprese Pasta
- Browned Butter Garlic Pasta
- Easy Bow Tie Ham and Peas Pasta
- Lemon Linguine
Don’t forget to check out our Garlic Parmesan Pasta web story!
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 Ounces Short Tube Pasta (ziti, rigatoni, penne, etc.)
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded off the block
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
- Heat a large skillet over low to medium heat. Melt the butter, then add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and noodles. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender. There will still be some liquid remaining in the pan. If there isn’t, add additional heavy cream.
- After the noodles cook, sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, and stir until melted. Taste, and add salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve hot.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 ounces (1.25 cups) of the garlic Parmesan pasta. Actual calories will vary.
For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 725mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.