*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
One Pan Sausage and Veggies is a quick weeknight dinner that goes from prep to table in about 30 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
This one pan sausage and veggies recipe might just be the easiest recipe on our entire site. It’s hands down one of the most versatile and crowd pleasing recipes that we’ve made.
What makes these sausage, peppers, and onions so great? It only takes a few minutes to slice up the peppers, onions, and sausage, then toss them on a sheet pan.
Pop it in the oven, and let it cook! Doesn’t get much simpler than that, except maybe this roasted cabbage wedges recipe.
Not to mention, there are so many varieties of sausage and peppers, so it’s easy to mix and match your favorites.
How to Make One Pan Sausage and Veggies
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
Wash the peppers, and cut them into thin strips about 1/2 inch wide. Use whatever type of peppers you like (bell, Anaheim, poblano, banana, etc.).
Next, slice the onion into strips the same size as the peppers, about a 1/2 inch wide.
Cut the sausage into circles about a 1/2 inch thick. Place the sausage, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet, salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
We didn’t add extra seasoning aside from the salt and pepper for the recipe. Sometimes, we’ll use spice blends from Thrive Market or Italian seasoning, a touch of oregano, or all-purpose seasoning.
What is Served with Sausage, Peppers, and Onions?
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- In a hoagie, bratwurst
- Roasted Potatoes
Tips for One Pan Sausage and Veggies:
- Make sure the sausage is cooked through prior to serving. It sounds like common sense, but I wanted to mention it. Some sausage is sold precooked, so it only needs to be reheated. Other sausage needs to be cooked all the way through. This recipe should allow enough time to cook the sausage thoroughly. However, it’s best to know what kind of sausage you’ve purchased prior to getting started.
- Cut the ingredients to the same size to ensure they’ll cook evenly. Nothing is worse than having overcooked onions and under-cooked peppers, because they’ve been cut to different sizes. This even applies when working with one-pan meat and veggies recipe.
- Choose flavors you and you’re family will enjoy. If you don’t like green peppers, leave them out. Maybe add some herbs or spices like a sprinkle of Italian seasoning or oregano. As with all of our recipes, many of the ingredients are interchangeable. We want you to enjoy the food, so make it to your liking.
- If you’d prefer to cook the sausage and peppers on the stove top, try our Sausage and Peppers Skillet recipe.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Meat and Potatoes and our sister site, Berly’s Kitchen.
*This post first appeared as Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers Recipe on Berly’s Kitchen.
- 12 Ounces Andouille Sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch thick circles
- 1 Medium White or Spanish Onion, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers any variety, sliced into 1/2 wide strips
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning, Oregano, or All-Purpose seasoning (optional)
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay all the ingredients onto the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings. Toss to combine. Place the into your preheated oven, and let everything bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the sausage, onions, and peppers are done, remove them from the oven and serve while the dish is still hot.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calorie count listed below is an approximation based on the ingredients listed.
The sheet pan meal can be served over rice, pasta, or on a hoagie bun with marinara.
We love to use different spice blends from Thrive Market for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1330mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.