Crispy, savory roasted dill potatoes made with a special blend of spices and roasted to perfection in your oven.
This is one of my favorite potato recipes. The combination of butter and dill makes for a flavorful experience.
Kim started making these potatoes a few months ago and we've been eating them on a regular basis.
How to make dill potatoes?
First, start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees F. You need that high temperature to crisp the potato skins.
Next, scrub, wash, and dry the potatoes to remove any dirt or debris. Place them into a large mixing bowl. Afterward, toss them with melted butter, olive oil, dried dill, garlic powder, and salt.
Then, transfer them to 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish or sheet pan. Let them roast in the oven for 30-minutes or until they're fork tender. Last, remove them from the oven and use a spoon to toss them with the freshly chopped dill.
That's it, your dill potatoes recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and we wish you all the best 🙂
- For our recipe, we used a medley of baby potatoes. However, you can substitute baby Yukon Golds or diced Russet potatoes.
- I don't recommend lowering the temperature on these roasted dill potatoes. Otherwise, the skins will not crisp and may become mushy.
- If you're worried about the olive oil scorching in the oven, feel free to use canola, vegetable, or avocado oil instead.
Love roasted vegetables? Then try our roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts recipe topped with bacon and balsamic glaze!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 ½ pounds creamer potatoes, may substitute baby gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- ½ tsp. dill weed, dried
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon(s) dill weed, fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, olive oil, dried dill, garlic powder, and salt. Pour the potatoes into a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish.1 ½ pounds creamer potatoes2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter1 tablespoon(s) olive oil½ tsp. dill weed½ tsp. garlic powder½ tsp. kosher salt
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the largest potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the oven, and toss with fresh dill. Serve immediately.1 ½ tablespoon(s) dill weed