Mini Stuffed Peppers are the perfect appetizer to feed a crowd. These mini sweet peppers are filled with Parmesan cheese cream, topped with green onions, and baked until soft.
Handheld appetizers are some of the best. Not only are they great for snacking, but they're also fantastic for portion control.
These mini stuffed peppers are no exception. The peppers are slightly sweet, not spicy, and they're piped full of savory cream cheese filling with Parmesan cheese and garlic in every bite.
How to make mini stuffed peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to combine softened cream cheese, Parmesan cheese (grated off the block), garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the tops of the peppers horizontally to expose the seeds.
- Use a spoon or knife to deseed the peppers.
- Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mixture, and place the tip of the bag into the a pepper.
- Make sure tip reaches the closed end of the pepper, and fill until the cream cheese fills the entire pepper.
- Place the peppers in a 9x13-inch baking dish, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until warm.
Where can you purchase mini sweet peppers?
Most major supermarkets carry mini sweet peppers. We’ve been able to locate them in the produce section prepackaged in heavy plastic bags. They vary in size from about 2 to 3 inches long each.
What other ingredients can you add to mini sweet peppers?
Here are a few ingredient variations and substitutions for mini stuffed peppers:
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Can you use cold cream cheese in place of room temperature cream cheese?
No, we highly recommend using room temperature, brick-style cream cheese. It’s extremely difficult to mix the seasonings and Parmesan cheese into cold cream cheese, and it gets stuck in the piping bag when it’s cold.
Can you make mini stuffed peppers ahead of time?
These peppers can be assembled a day ahead of time, but don’t bake them until just before they’re ready to be served.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 20 mini sweet peppers
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated off the block
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top halves of the peppers off horizontally starting in the middle of the pepper and cutting towards the stem at an angle. Use a spoon or small knife, to deseed the peppers.20 mini sweet peppers
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well mixed.8 ounces block-style cream cheese⅓ cup parmesan cheese1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder1 tsp. kosher salt½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the mixture in a piping bag and fill each pepper, making sure to get some in the tip of the pepper to ensure the peppers are completely filled.
- Transfer the stuffed peppers in a 9x13-inch baking dish, sprinkle with chopped green onion if desired, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened a bit. Enjoy warm!green onion
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.